Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

ParkZone NEW FW-190 Butcher Bird

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

ParkZone NEW FW-190 Butcher Bird

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ParkZone NEW FW-190 Butcher Bird

Anyone using the Typhoon Motor on this plane? I'm ordering the PowerZone mod and am looking for a brushless to replace the brushed motor. I'm looking for a motor that will screw into the existing gearbox that will sell for somewhere between 50 - 70. I will also use the metal pinion (already ordered 2 ) .
I'm already using lipos but would like to see a little more power/performance.
any motor suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 05:09 PM
MDK
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may have been asked before, but can I change the crystal on the FW-190 and fly with my own radio? I gently tried to pull it out, but figured I should ask before I do any damage to see what other people have been doing. Thanks
Old 10-21-2006, 06:25 PM
ea01bg

MDK,
No you would need to change out the whole reciver and the servos
Old 10-21-2006, 06:28 PM
MDK

Thanks. Also, I'm having some trouble with one aileron deflecting more than the other. Any idea what may be causing this or how I could fix it?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:03 PM
ea01bg

are they booth set to center when you plug your battery in?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
ea01bg

also check to make sure that the plastic tubes that they run through have not come unglued from the wing. also double check the control horns. Anything that would account for extra play on one side.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:21 PM
MDK

Yep, the tube was lose; I'm in the process of gluing it back in now. Why does that hurt the control throw? I don't quite get how that linkage is set up. Is it ok that the tube is sticking out a bit from the foam (I needed some out so I could get the glue on)?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

Hello, got a question. Been flying Nitro and decided to try electric and this is a wondering choice. Is there anything that I should be aware of that should be fixed, moded, etc. with the stock setup? I noticed a couple things and only have about 5 min. of fliht time on it so far.

First off the rear wing screw likes to pop out from the screw being to short and second was the control horns on the ail. likes to come loose so I loctited it to solve this. Now I read at the begining of this thread that there was a problem with motor mounting bolts missing or falling out. Has most of the problems been remmedied since then? This is a really fun bird to fly except when the wind is above 10mph, lol thats why I only have about 5 min on it. I did get the lipo bat for it but haven't tried it yet until I get used to it.

Shane
Old 10-21-2006, 10:11 PM
ea01bg

MDK
The outside of the calbe has to be stationairy, or the servo part of the servos movment is moving the entire tube when it should only be sliding the control rod. Once its glued back down it will be OK
Old 10-21-2006, 10:17 PM
ea01bg

I wouldnt wait on the bat, Throw it in on your next flight, The extra power helps on the launch and if youve been flying nito birds you shouldnt have any problems with the speed boost (even with the lipo its not exactly a speed deamon). As far as problems go, I have not had any. I checked my mounting screws befor my 1st Flight and they where fine. I ran down to the local hardware store and grabbed some longer screws.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Pit-Viper 1

Well it does fly better with the Lipo. I did crash though, dog ran across the park where I was flying and the plane was coming toward me with the wind from the rear. So I cut power to put it down, being about 3 feet off the ground it just dropped and broke the forward part of the fuse off around the batt. comp. It's all glued and taped and should be good too go. I did notice prior to that on previous flights that the motor sounds like it is cutting out and you loose momentary control of the plane. Does it with both Nimh and Lipo packs and I did use the jumpers accordingly. Doesn't seem to be a range issue as it does it no matter how close or far away it is. Controls don't jump they just stop for a brief second when the motor studders. I checked it in my basement and the controls don't move when it does it. I am new to elec. so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Shane

PS

Chad, what you doing? lol
Old 10-24-2006, 04:04 PM
ea01bg

If you where coming in at low power you should have going into the wind (more lift). As far as the brief cutouts, if its not interferance or the batteries in the transmiter then it could be the park zone electronics. I've had this same thing happen to me once or twice but not consitantly. I'm asking Santa aka my wife for a spectrum 6 for chrismas I'll start with my FW 190 and then my P-51.
I just got my PowerZone mod in now I'm waiting for my brushless and pinion gear to arrive I'm going to upgrade the P-51 first then the FW-190
Old 10-25-2006, 06:48 PM
cat24825

Maiden flight of my FW-190 didn't go so well. I hand launched and immediately had to fight the plane to keep it at an even climb. The tail was dragging nose up and wanting to bank left. I fought it for 200 yards before it did a nose plunge vertical into the wet grass/mud. Things didn't look good from 200 yards out and my fear were realized as I got to it. The fuselage snapped and the weigh of the battery destroyed the engine housing. I had to dig the gearbox out of 4 inches of soil. Pretty much gone except for maybe the winds and tails. I can salvage little pieces here and there and another frame replacement is on its way. Up until then I was flying my Super Cub just fine and even did some rolls, half a dozen smooth approach landings. I flew the super cub for the rest of the afternoon.

Well, now have to solve what happened with the 190. I even put in the extra nose nut to keep the nose down. Maybe I should have tried it without first.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Pit-Viper 1

did you check the screw that holds the wire in place on the control horns for the ailerons? On my first flight mine did kinda the same thing so I landed immediately and found one of them came loose and only had one aileron working. Blue loc-tite solved that problem.

Shane
Old 10-25-2006, 07:21 PM
cat24825

Yeah, I make sure those were tighen as I needed to adjust one of the aleron to properly trim the aleron. I don't think I missed anything during preflight check prior to launch. So you managed to fly it OK after that I take it? Did you install the additonal properly nut to get it a bit more nose heavy?

Thanks

Nick
Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Pit-Viper 1

No i didn't install the prop nut, was going to try that after I treid the Lipo pack but I crashed after that on the 3rd flight. Broke the front of the fuse off but it's ok now. Going to try it though to see if it will calm the climb-out a little bit. It flies pretty good once I got used to it.

Shane
Old 10-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Bigguz

Add me to the FW-190 roster...Man...Not succesful at all on the first 2 tries. Though, Having flown those V-tails for awhile and never flying ailerons I think my problem is me being to twitchy..SO...hopefully tomorrow after the CA sets overnight : I try it again abit more "calmer" Good thing I bought the extra props too when I purchased the bird.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Pit-Viper 1

Has anyone had a problem with the motor cutting out/surgeing? it does it with both the Nimh and Lipo packs.

Shane
Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 AM

The PZ FW190 is not a beginner’s airplane. It is very pitch sensitive and that is what will cause most beginners the biggest problem. It has good slow flight but will stall and what stalls, falls. [sm=48_48.gif]

I like the plane so much that I have two, one with wheels for landing on our paved runway and the other as a stock belly slider.

I don't use the stock electronics that comes with the airplane. I buy the replacement airplane that gives you everything but the electronics, that includes the motor. The stock ParkZone servos are very slow and the electronics are sometime unreliable.
I had trouble with my Stryker cutting out sometimes; it has the same electronics as the PZ 190 and would not trust that radio in my 190s.

It is a great overall airplane, very durable and fun to fly and best of all is the availability of reasonably priced replacement parts.

I just hope ParkZone continues to bring out other war birds in this size in the near future.

Don't get discouraged and keep them flying.[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Larry
Old 11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
tclaridge

And I hope Parkzone comes out with warbirds that have retracts. Then we won't have to buy two planes, just two wings: One with no gear, and an upgraded wing with retracts!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:48 PM
nigandot

ORIGINAL: 29904

I just hope ParkZone continues to bring out other war birds in this size in the near future.

Larry
I have seen some ads in UK to pre order PZ Spitfire mkII - due early December!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Bender101

ORIGINAL: nigandot

ORIGINAL: 29904

Larry
I have seen some ads in UK to pre order PZ Spitfire mkII - due early December!
[link=http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/products.php?ProductID=4780&CatID=7&SubCatID=120&Title=Parkzone+Spitfire+Mk2+RTF+Electric&ManCode=PKZSPITMK2]Ya but it doesn't look as good...[/link]
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
ea01bg

Just tell me the thing comes with a metal pinion with a set screw!!!!!! I cant find one for the 2.3 mm shaft anywhere[:@] I'll get my spitfire from someone else Parkzone can just Kiss my spun pinion
Old 11-01-2006, 04:48 PM
ea01bg

Just got off the phone with the parkzone tech support, the spitfire will have the same lame plastic pinion [:@]
Parkzone has to know this is a problem , they just dont care[][&o]
Old 11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
9thLife

isn't this just the GWS model? For my money, I'm going for the Venom Mustang or the Zero- see here- http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=VNRF6103

it comes with the brushless motor, ESC and servos all installed, and looks like spare parts are pretty easy to get- can't complain about the price either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.