Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Wierd Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:14 AM
rcstunt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Problem

Me and my dad got a 2 channel park flyer awhile ago now. I have crashed it once breaking wing and fuesalagge but while waiting for for parts when bench testing there is a problem. While the plane is horizontol- like it would be when flying the 2 motors are going crazy and fluxuating when I'm giving it power. Then while holding it directly Verticle it seems fine and the motors are fine. The crash shouldnt have affected the motors. BTW the plane is a 2 channel Sky Captain - Much like the yellow bee and it steers through different speed through motors.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:22 AM
AJ1202

Default RE: Wierd Problem

Sounds like you have a battery connection issue, I had a plane do that and found the batt plug in the plane was loose, mine would fly up but as soon as it leveled out it would just shut off, that or you have a wire loose or touching something it shouldn't, also check your antenna wire and make sure it isn't laying on the electronics
Good Luck with it
Old 02-14-2006, 04:05 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

your problem sounds more like reciever interference. when it was crashed your reciever may have suffered. It is recieving electrical interference from your motors most likely. It doesn't do it when you hold it cause your very close to the radio and your body is a ground. To fix the problem, see if the motors have capacitors on them.... perhaps one broke off.?.. Keep your antenna away from electrical parts.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:15 AM
rcstunt101

On the instructions it says to "turn the transmitter on first then the plane". and vise versa. When i crashed I can't remember if i did this. Could this be the problem, after a quick search it could be. IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX IT?
Old 02-15-2006, 06:44 AM
netdudeuk

The TX first rule is there to ensure that the motors are off when the battery on the model is connected. Without a TX signal saying 'motors off', they could be on and you'd risk being caught in them.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:59 PM
keepiru1

From an electrcal standpoint it seems like you have either jarred a component(or foil run) loose on the circuit board used as a combination receiver and speed control or the wiring associated in getting the power to the motors. Now that I've told you what you already knew I'll try to help you fix it. I'm not familiar with your model exactly so I'll have to speak in generalities: 1) Access the area where your circuit board is located and be able to observe it closely. A small inspection mirror might be really helpful, if you have one available. 2) Connect up your system as specified in your instructions and hold your plane vertically and check that your plane is functioning well. 3) Then, slowly, while observing the board closely for any changes, rotate the plane into the horizontal. And I do mean minute changes. If a piece of foil lifts from the board it can change both the frequency and the signal to noise ratio. Also.....to maintain level flight on those models the engine will shut off and glide....the only time both is on is to ascend and that may be what you are seeing as well.