Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

New PZ F-27C Stryker!!!! Brushless RTF

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New PZ F-27C Stryker!!!! Brushless RTF

Old 09-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Quagmire57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New PZ F-27C Stryker!!!! Brushless RTF

Got mine this week. Plug'N'Play version, used FMA M5v2 reciever and Hitec Optic 6 radio, Thunder Power 2100MhA 3C pack. Awesome. All parts seemed to stay on well for me, anyone have anything fly off? I would be interesting to hear how others with PNP versions have set up their elevon mixing.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 PM
afpe45

@ dribbe,

any idea when the F27-C plug and play will be available in the UK?.

afpe45.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:27 PM
fiver

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson

i have 25 years flight experience this is a rocket! radared at 103mph!! you can fly it slow and throttle down for long flight times. the speed is incredible it is a blur as it goes by. unlimited verticle early in the pack discharge it really rocks!!! i csnt believe a piece of foam is so fast
Thanks for posting those results! I'll have to see if there are any pnp's in town around here. I have been strugling to keep mine straight above 80mph. I bet that motor mounts has a lot to do with it. Well done parkzone!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 PM
isparky343

Flew mine for the first time tonite. The fastest thing I have previously flown is the PZ P-51. Wow!!! What a difference. I was pretty nervous opening the throttle up and didn't leave it there too long. I flew mostly on the low rate unless I wanted fast rolls on one of those rocket-like climbs this plane is capable of. The only difficulty I had was picking up the orientation of the plane against the grey sky in diminishing light. Question....how do you guys launch this plane? Straight out or a slight upwards throw? Also, WOT or throttled back. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:51 AM
drunkenbushman

With WOT i give my plane a nice steady toss with a little upward angle to get her going. Does the trick.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Wastegate

Helger told me it would be here the end of September. Wonderland models are already taking advance orders but their website says it comes with battery and charger but I think that may be wrong!
Old 09-02-2006, 01:23 PM
JasonInAugusta

Took mine out today for maiden.

Whoo! Fun lil' booger.

I had a group of soldiers watching as I flew it around Ft. Gordon's Barton Field.

This thing was announced at the perfect time. I was going to convert my Stryker to BL but decided to hold off once this one was announced.

It's plenty fast and easy to manage in the air.

Not a fan of the car charger.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Quagmire57

Yes, if you have a computer radio, you should get the Plug'NPlay version. It comes without a reciever, battery, or charger. It's about $100 less. Buy a micro reciever (Hitec, FMA, whatever you like to go with your radio) and use your own Lipos and charger. You can set up the elevon mixing and rates however you like, instead of accepting the defaults programmed into the RTF version's radio.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Boomer79

Nice.. first post for me. I have a brushless stryker. I bought it 2 days ago. Its a mean beast. You have to be aware of how fast it covers ground. That and if you are flying in a residential type place it does make a heck of a noise on the dives. For one of the posts above. I know it was a while ago but, i own a slow-v. I love it. Its not psychotic like the stryker. you can fly it anywhere as long as there there is very little wind(or you are a good pilot). I fly my slow-v everywhere. its nearly 1 am and i am just waiting for the batterys to peak so i can go fly around the local mall. you will enjoy it. i would buy a spare air frame.. they are very easy to split. My only complaint with my stryker is that it came with a car charger only. my room mate bought a less expensive typhoon and it its the EXACT same charger but it has a connection for 110. That and the car charger will error if there is ANY input voltage variation (open the door and the dome light comes on). I am hoping that i got a flawed charger and they are supposed to come with both wall and car charging abilities. [>:][>:] ohh ps get some punisher CA glue.... it will save your day out.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
afpe45

I think they will have to stop calling the stryker a park flyer now

afpe45.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:04 AM
drunkenbushman

this is what sux bout living on the other side of the world it takes ages for things o reach us!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:21 AM
johnnymaxxima

Boomer79, what do you use the punisher glue on?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
wo23dodge

why? it's slower than the B's that many of us have modded and lets face it,the RTF is the best deal going.
My LHS has the PNP for $150 and the RTF for $235,ok buy the PNP for $150 and get a Thunderpower 2100 lipo there for another $80 and you are at $230,now for an additional $5 you buy the RTF and get a receiver,balancing charger and cheesy radio,I will say this,that stock radio didn't glitch on me one single time today when I flew mine for the first time,I was surprised.
Unless your like me and just had to have the C because it looks cool and you already have a B and want fast,your better off tossing an Align 400L on it,you will have a much faster plane but it won't look as cool.
A buddy and I raced his Align 400L powered B against my new C today and I was smoked,he "flew" away from me and his vertical is unlimited where the C isn't.

For a guy who wants to buy his first Stryker the RTF C is a great choice,it looks great and is ok fast but you better launch it hard and hit the throttle hard or it's going in to the ground,it just doesn't take off like my Align or Mega powered Stryker.

If it sounds like I am bashing the C a little,it's more a case of disappointment,It's not quite as great as I thought it might be but it's pretty darned good and worlds better than a B.

Time to take that little prop off and try a 7x6 to see what that gets me.

Tomorrow I am going to try and get video of my new C and my buddies Align powered B to show the difference,that B goes straight up till he lets off or levels out and just flat out hauls at full throttle on level flight,of course I've got him on the COOL factor cause his has been wrecked,gotten a new body,beat up,taped up and glued back together a couple times

Brian

ORIGINAL: afpe45

I think they will have to stop calling the stryker a park flyer now

afpe45.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:44 PM
afpe45

the b as well, if it has a brushless in it, it isn't a park flier realy is it

afpe45.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Gryphon

Old 09-07-2006, 07:37 AM
wo23dodge

I fly mine in a very small park and only go full throttle straight up,these things fly very slowly if you want them to.

maybe you could show me the definition of a park flier?

ORIGINAL: afpe45

the b as well, if it has a brushless in it, it isn't a park flier realy is it

afpe45.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Gryphon

I suggest more poeple radar these planes.

My friend says he radared one and it read 61 MPH.
I believe him the most so far. Because the manufacturer will advertise the highest numbers possible to make higher/better sales. And who is to say that it wasn't in a dive when they say 80 MPH?

Look, I don't need for you owners of the F27C to jump on me. I like the looks of this plane a lot. But I think the owners just deserve to know the real facts FIRST HAND or at least if 3,4 or 5 of you have the same speed measurements then we know it to be true.

When my friend radared the plane I was not there. I can not personally confirm how full was the battery, if there was headwind, etc.

So as many of you as possible should radar this thing to find out.

You might be happy now seeing how it flies fast and all, but if you see, that numerically, it is not the 80 MPH that they advertise, well... you will and should get pissed off.

Just passing on the info, don't shoot the messenger. I hope this will do at least 70+MPH.

Gryphon
Old 09-07-2006, 10:02 PM
wo23dodge

I think your friend is right on,the plane isn't all that fast but it is very cool.
I love the look of the new C and I may put my Align on it so it's as fast as it is cool

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

I believe him the most so far. Because the manufacturer will advertise the highest numbers possible to make higher/better sales. And who is to say that it wasn't in a dive when they say 80 MPH?

Look, I don't need for you owners of the F27C to jump on me. I like the looks of this plane a lot. But I think the owners just deserve to know the real facts FIRST HAND or at least if 3,4 or 5 of you have the same speed measurements then we know it to be true.

When my friend radared the plane I was not there. I can not personally confirm how full was the battery, if there was headwind, etc.

I lay odds that you will not be happy with the number. You might be happy now seeing how it flies fast and all, but if you see, that numerically, it is not the 80 MPH that they advertise, well... you will and should get pissed off.

Just passing on the info, don't shoot the messenger. I hope this will do at least 70+MPH.

Gryphon
Old 09-08-2006, 02:01 AM
fiver

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

I lay odds that you will not be happy with the number. You might be happy now seeing how it flies fast and all, but if you see, that numerically, it is not the 80 MPH that they advertise, well... you will and should get pissed off.

Gryphon
You are not just the messenger here you are giving opinions and doubting the plane. I have radared one at 82mph across a field at 20ft off the ground no wind fresh battery. Throw in a 15mph tailwind and a dive you could be over 100 as stated before. Don't bash the plane so much and be happy for fact that it's offered. Heck...if I can make a $40 brushless outrunner setup (motor and esc) go 84mph then parkzone could surely do it.

BTW...when are you going to fly that $800 stryker? I lay odds that you will not be happy with the number.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:17 AM
wo23dodge

Am I going to over amp this new Stryker if I take that stock prop off and put a 7x6 on it?
Old 09-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Gryphon

fiver

Look, don't make things personal. You might not like the results. I have no interest in screwing around, just drop it right here and now. No more comments or innuendos. As mad as I am right now; I have to remind myself that people may take things in the wrong way or have had a bad day, and also I may have failed in using the wrong words or language trying to express myself.

All I said is that there is nothing wrong with a few people taking a measurement and comparing that is all. And very specifically, I made that clear. I also said that I was not there when that low speed reading was taken.

I like ParkZone products, I like the way they care about customers enough to make such improvements on the motor mount and better hatches and so on. I feel zero competition between A, B, C versions. Each one has had an improvement over the last one.

As far as different setups: to each their own.

I know I will not be happy with my plane's speed because it is going to go too fast. I did go overboard with it and it will most likely be too hard and scary to fly. It is an experiment for me and me alone.

The faster the C version goes the better. My brother wants a F27C and I have supported him on that decision, he is also going to build F27B with a MEGA 480 brushless that he has every part for including the motor screws and C.F. tubes. Personally, I was hoping that there is something wrong with my friend's reading. I have not read all posts to see if you or some one else has taken a reading and with what circumstances it was done. So my post was not meant to disregard anyone’s radar reading. The more readings the better.
I made an attempt to be clear in my post, but it looks like I may have failed.

I will go back in my post and remove this statement "I lay odds that you will not be happy with the number."

Live and let live, O.K.? Writing this post was exactly what I was trying to avoid.

Please PM me if you have any more personal comments or concerns, instead of on here.

Peace
Gryphon
Old 09-08-2006, 11:20 AM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

lets all get along. i did get the idea also that the tone was negative. guys were modding these things and spending tons. now pz did it for us a lot cheaper. that plane was radared at over 100 by me in a nice dive at level flight 85mph! it is as advertized
Old 09-08-2006, 12:22 PM
holyschmoley

Got this plane last week. I really only flew an ABC before this and not really that much because it's always just a little windy - which is part of the reason I got the stryker. I wanted something that could handle a little wind, and when I saw this new c model with the lipo/brushless, and all I went for it. So first flight was early evening, I got it out, lost track of which way it was turning and crashed it around into a chain link fence. A little duct tape, and I had it flying again. Was trying to be carefull, it nosed into the ground a bit, and so now I've fixed it with CA in several spots and a new nose already.

So now that I'm afraid to fly it because I don't want to ruin it, I started reading around and downloaded that FMS flight simulator. I can only use it with the keyboard, and even then only throttle, right, and left work. I think this will help a bit as I already saw one of my errors in turning a little too hard too often. My question is, is there any kind of cable you can plug into this controller and pc to run the flight simulator? Is there a better flight simulator with controller out there besides the $200 realflight and other expensive ones?

Any other suggestions on flying this thing? I know, I know, get experience flying something else first. I'll try w/ the ABC if wind allows, otherwise, I'll just be nervously taking my f27c out again this weekend.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:22 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Three mistakes high. :-)

Keep it close so you can see what it's doing. When I was learning to fly my glow planes - my instructor always told me to keep the plane close but high enough to recover from a few OOPS! and to keep the throttle at a managable speed. Always think about what you are doing with the controls - deliberate smooth input. Minor inputs can result in smoother action vs large inputs on the sticks.

I'm envious - my stryker build is about 50% done. Looking forward to flying this thing.

somegeek
Old 09-08-2006, 01:58 PM
holyschmoley

One more question - when using the simulator, it's easier to stay off the elevators I guess it is. Would you guys recommend just using throttle, left and right in the beginning to keep it simpler? - except when necessary maybe?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.