Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Kyosho P-51D M24 RTF

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:50 PM
dsilver668

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho P-51D M24 RTF

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for information on the Kyosho P-51D M24 RTF. I have read through all 55 or so pages of the Parkzone P-51 Mustang thread and it looks that Kyosho read the posts! The landing gear looks awsome, and it is smaller than the parkzone. I understand this is an RTF so the servos will be slow, and getting the Lipo upgrade will happen quickly. What I am interested in is the over all impresions with it's performance. Handling wind, landing, etc. I know there are other electrics out there like the Ultrafly, and GWS which with the right modeling skills can make a great plane, but I am looking for an RTF which will keep me going for a while. I like war birds so that is where I am going. I am getting skills on a simulator "Real Flight" with a 3D foamy, and will have the help from some experts at the field to get it dialed in. I know it is not a beginer aircraft, but one of the things I noticed was first it comes with a 4 channel radio sooo you should be able to use it for other models to. Second it doesn't have the off set the the Parkzone has so taking off from the ground etc is no issue. As far as I can tell a brushless motor and new ECU should be plug and play for this model. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. If you don't crash horrably I don't see why this model can't grow with me long term.
It also looks way cool!!!
I read only one review online so I want to hear from other moddelers out there.
Knowitall posted a few things, but some more constructive information woul dbe helpful, sorry knowitall.
Since it is an RTF I fully expect it to be mushy in it's responce. These are low end servos, and upgrades will happen soon. I expect to swap out any propriatary battery plug for deans connectors so no isue there. So long as the reciever is standard I can upgrad the servos with little issue after a while to. In the one online review I read from backyard flyer you can also move the servo horn linkages to get faster responce as well. I don't expect it to fly like a $450.00 Extra Stiffy 3D but I do want something that will hold together. Admittadly my friends stiffy has met the ground hard more than once, so I have gotten pretty good with repairs.
Any info for those who own this model would be greatly apreciated...

Here is the review in case any one wants it: http://www.backyardflyer.com/article...1D_Mustang.asp

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17811.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	430408  
Old 03-23-2006, 12:11 PM
dsilver668

Default RE: Kyosho P-51D M24 RTF

So does no one own this aircraft? seems odd, as it has a lot of features that the Prkzone unit lacks, but is only +$20 on cost.
Also if anyone knows of a good brushless engine upgrade for this plane please do let me know..
I figure I will be switching over to Lipo and brushless fairly quickly.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Crash9

I had the same problem trying to find postings on the Kyosho P-51. All the reviews I found where short and the plane only flew for a couple of flights before crashing. I think so far I hold the record on 6 flights (LOL). If you get this plane and you have someone there that has experience to help you fly it and they can't keep good control of it and put it inthe groud don't be to hard on them....

I so much wanted this plane to be a good flyer. This plane for me flew like my RC heli where you have to be on the controls full time and no time to relax. It is a nice looking plane. I would wait to do upgrades, until you get this bird handling. Even though it's an RTF you may have to do some tuning to it.

I wish you luck, and go for a new record.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:35 PM
p0stal

Talked with guy who has one at the local parkflying spot. he was less than pleased with it. Stock preformance was crap. Landing gear was a prob as well.
I never watched it fly, it sure looked nice sitting on his tailgate all day.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:10 AM
dsilver668

Well I hate to say it but I will probably go the the park zone then. I did see the Alfa Model P-51 which looks realy nice. I heard rumors tht Ultrafly and Venom were coming out with warbirds to but I was looking for an RTF that I could get into for less than the $400 or so needed to those. I am sure in the end they would be worth every penny in performance, but looks like the parkzone is going to be it. I will just need to reread the threads to figure out what to fix on it prior to its maiden..
Old 03-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Planebeach

I watched a guy test his Kyosho P-51D for the first time, i flew great for 20 seconds, before a 3 meter YAK flew thru it I looked nice, but after that flight nothing was left. PS the YAK had no damage, and did not land for 5 minutes. I would personly go for the PZ P-51.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:41 PM
dsilver668

HA!!! oh that is a good one.. To bad you didn't get it on film.. LOL