Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Problem with f27 Stryker

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 04:44 PM
gunnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with f27 Stryker

I just got my Parkzone f-27b stryker today and ran into a little problem. The servos are reversed! The elevator functions correctly, but the ailerons are backwards. I tried switching the plugs on the RX, but that made the elevator backwards! I'm going to have to call horizon hobby tech support tomorrow (they're closed on sundays). Has anyone had this problem? Or does anyone know how to reverse the aileron channel without reversing the elevator?
lol I wish there was a servo reverse switch, but there aint!
I did a search before I posted this and came up with nothing.

Thanks,
GunNut
Old 03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: Problem with f27 Stryker

Gunnut, I would check the 3 pin slots on the RX, sounds like you are in the v-tail mode.
There should be only 1 jumper there if you are using the stock battery. NO JUMPERS for a lipo battery.
Make sure these are correct. Also to note, the servo on the right, plugs in on the left, and the left servo plugs into the right side of the rx.
Look at the pic here and where I put the arrow should be the only jumper(little black plastic piece) present for a nihm(stock battery).
Let us know if you still have issues. BG

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41255.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	433583  
Old 03-26-2006, 07:23 PM
gunnut

BG, thanks for the reply. I think it's supposed to be in v-tail mode because it has "elevons" that require elevater/aileron mixing. I placed the jumper over J2 and it made the servos act independently from one another. (one servo would move when I made elevator inputs, and the other would move when I made rudder inputs.)

I'm wondering if reversing the pot on the transmitter will fix the problem. Does anyone know if that will work or will it burn something up? I mean switching the wires on the pot for the rudder channel on the transmitter. Either way I plan on talking to horizon hobbies support before I do any soldering .
Old 03-26-2006, 07:45 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Jumper J2 should be absent.

Try unplugging the servos and reversing them (left on right and right on left) to see what happens. I would not change anything on the TX.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:00 PM
gunnut

I reversed the plugs and it corrected the ailerons but then the elevator function was backwards.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:34 PM
gunnut

I talked to horizon hobby support and they say I have to send it back[]
It seems like something that would be easy to fix myself, but I guess it's not. They say they'll send me a new one.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Mike_r9909

Hey Gunnut
I discovered for myself that those 5 wire servos are reversible when I tried to use the radio in another aircraft.....those little white plugs, if flipped over will reverse the servo, so try that combination you had before, where the aileron and elevator were reversed, and flip over the plug. The plug is polarised, but I was able to get it to go in, then double check the direction of your controls, and have fun![8D]

Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 PM
gunnut

Mike,
Thanks for the reply. So your saying to flip the the plugs over and try installing them upside down? I'll give it a try.
It is a serious pain to have to ship this thing to horizon hobbies. The box is huge!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
gunnut

Well I tried flipping the plugs but had no luck. It did reverse the servos, so you were right. The problem is that I can't get one function to reverse and not the other with this elevon (v-tail) mixing. Thanks for the help though mike, I do appreciate it.
Anyone else have any ideas? I'm going to return it tomorrow unless I can get this thing fixed myself.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:58 AM
Hagar69

Gunnut,
If you get elevator working correctly but aileron is backwards, then swap the two servo connectors.
If aileron is correct and elevator is reversed, then swap connectors and flip them upside down to reverse direction. (This is like changing from flying inverted to flying normal).

Hagar
Old 03-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Hagar69

*deleted double post*