Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Mini Ventura

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mini Ventura

Ok , So I went with my gut feeling and did ok. I bought this over other planes that were suggested and am happy !! This is actually the first R/C plane I'm flying !! LOL Not crashing and rebuilding just flying !! The plane flies very well , and it even takes a breeze pretty well. Only complaint ... I need about two or three extra batteries !! I'm going to play some more and reset the Rudder and Stab. If I feel the plane has the guts , its going to do some loops and other things. I hope it comes back in one piece.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 AM
keepiru1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Ventura

Don't we all have that complaint when things are going well? *chuckle*
Old 04-05-2006, 12:11 PM
AJsToyz

You got that right !!! I'm just glad to be able to take off again .... twice in the same day !!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

AJsToyz, just remember to get some real altitude before trying tricks.

I saw a magazine review on the Mini Venture a couple months back, and reading between the lines, they suggested it needs more power.

I do like the shape of it though. Kind of a hotliner with small wings. Very smooth aerodynamically-speaking.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:02 PM
AJsToyz

It flies very good , but is underpowered to say the least. After its up for about a minute forget the idea of trying a loop or anything else. The day I had it out I was fighting some wind , and it did very well , especially for having a rookie at the stick. I wanted to put a lipo in it but I don't think the plane is made for one. Thats ok though, I am going to get at least one more battery for it. I'm going to get hold of manufacturer though , they said there is a low power motor cut. The only low power cut it has is when you unplug the battery. Well , at that point the plane is comming down so it might not be that important.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Big Salty

AJ, what kind of run-times do you get out of the mini-ventura?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:01 PM
AJsToyz

I've never paid attention , its been to windy to fly lately 5 - 15 mph winds . When they slow down a little I will let you know.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:47 PM
AJsToyz

Ok , I took it out in the wind and it actually did pretty good. It looks like about 8 minutes on a bettery then it won't stay up at all. I was thinking about getting a second battery so I could have more fun. The charge time is only 20 minutes so its not to bad.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Al P

I tried the Mini Ventura yesterday.

I saw the videos of it doing rolls and loops HA HA HA . The one I have can't even fly more than 30 ft. ! I fly it straight but it just won't gain altitude. It's as if it's both underpowered and too heavy.

The battery pack was charged with a top end peak charger also.

To say the least,I'm very disappointed with it.

Also,the elevator was assemled out of square to the fuselage.Now when the elevator is up,the plane steers right.