Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Me 262

Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
sniper1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Me 262

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Sniper1 - hiya!! Is that the CC Lee ME262, cos it looks a little different? The markings and paint scheme are different, and the intakes look slightly different. What motors are in it to make it fly like that, cos I'm sure that the 180 brushed in everybody else's won't move a plane like that. Did you change the esc (on/off no throttle)? Are you the guy who did the article for a UK magazine review about 6 months ago? I've still got my ME262 but short of sticking in 2 200W b/less and 2 esc' it will still sit on top of the wardrobe. Its also heavy compared to other edf and GWS ME262. Oh yes, did you change the fans to more than 4 blades? Keep us in touch please, cos looking at the vid it flies like a b/less. Thanks.....

tam popo - Answers to your questions: This is a CC Lee Me 262. It looks different because i airbrushed my own camoflage over the top of the stock green colours. I have not changed the intakes in any way. As it says at the start of the video, it still uses the stock cc lee brushed 180 motors and stock 4 bladed fans. No i havent written any articles for magazines reviewing the model.
I bought this model second hand about a year ago. The previous owner ripped out the stock radio gear and put in a 35mhz receiver and lipo compatible speed controller, which gives it proportional throttle instead of just on or off. I put in my own 1350mah lipo, which gives me just under 10 mins flying time. I have had 20 flights on this set up, and have once burned out the starboard motor, due to the fan spining off the motor shaft at high speed and over reving, causing the plane to enter a shallow spin, before cutting the throttle and gliding her in. It flies great although nowhere near brushless performance. I have read that other people have put in GWS fans and 300 motors in their 262s, and i may well do the same before i push my luck too far!
You can see some more pictures of it here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...emberID=115402

Hope this answers your questions- glad you enjoyed the video.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49180.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	792793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83535.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	792794  
Old 10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Me 262

Sniperman - I can see now why it flies! The brushless set-up seems a good idea with the price of b/less coming down all the time, combined with the lipo - Nice Anyway, thanks for that and has anyone told you that you are a Craig Charles look-a-like!!! The wifey spotted that, she's a Corrie fan - sad[] Bye for now, flying tomorrow if this Scottish weather improves, fat chance. Byee......