Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Art-Tech Cessna vs. FMS Skylane

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Art-Tech Cessna vs. FMS Skylane

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 11:47 AM
chris1379

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art-Tech Cessna vs. FMS Skylane

I have an Art-Tech Cessna 182 on it's way and I'm currently flying the Skylane in FMS. My question is how close is the FMS to the Art-Tech flight characteristics? The FMS Skylane seems a little tricky. I'm flying mainly ailerons and elevator. As with any plane, a little up elevator is needed once the plane starts to roll into a turn. When you give a little elevator, it straightens out so that you have to apply more aileron input to keep it in the turn. The tricky part is that it does not try to right itself until elevator is given. I'm constantly fighting with it. Also, is the speed about the same as the Art-Tech? The sim seems a little fast for it's size. My trainer flew more like the "gptrh" here. http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/fms_Plane_Shinichiro.html .

Just a little background on me. I learned to fly about 14 years ago on a Dynaflight Cessna. I have also flown a Global Birdie 40, Sig Wonder, and a US Aircore Corostar. I no longer have my planes and haven't flown but a couple of times in the past ten years. I'm hoping the Art-Tech is easy enough that I don't crash the first time out.

Chris
Old 04-09-2006, 12:28 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Art-Tech Cessna vs. FMS Skylane

The Art-Tech Cessna 182 is very easy to fly if you have prior experience flying model airplanes.

Just make sure everything is lined up as per instructions and you do a range check on the TX/RX. Also, the plane gets tossed around by wind, so make sure there is no wind on your maiden flight. As you learn how to control it, you can then go out on windy days (not more than 10mph)

The wing can be easily torn on crashes. Most of us use a strip of clear packing tape on top of the wing. On the bottom of the wing, I use the clear plastic tape that comes with strings imbedded in it. This will strengthen the wing and avoid being torn on crashes or folding when pulling out of loops at higher speeds.

It's a great airplane. You will love it!

Hope the above helps.

Jmir