Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS A-10 Ducted Fan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 08:00 PM
H2Con

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS A-10 Ducted Fan?

II really like the look of the A-10 and was wondering about the ducted fans? I was going to buy a GWS A10 Park Flyer EP ARF w/2 EDP150 kit that is on sale for cheaper than the slope glider version and install ducted fans. Would the EDF64 or EDF75's fit? I dont want to go crazy on a brushless set up now, I just want to get a A-10 that will fly with the gear out of my other parkflyers. Is the pusher prop setup more powerful than the ducted fans?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
rahtware

Default RE: GWS A-10 Ducted Fan?

My only experiance with an A-10 was to watch one struggle through the air on stock battery and 55 fans. On a 3s Lipo it came alive and flew well, not fast or outstanding, but good enough to keep our attention. I don't think the stock mount could carry much more power without being improved first.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:19 AM
gunracer

h2,

the 64s or 75s will not fit in the nacelles of your kit as they are intended to accept either the 50s or 55s...the pusher props are probably more efficient than the edfs...they're just not as cool...as suggested, use a 3s lipo....
Old 04-23-2006, 11:32 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this kit and I suggest using elfite 370 inrunners in place of the stock motors. The stock EDF50's are not gonna give much power..neither will the EDF55's unless you use lipo. With the 370 inrunners and a lipo, you'll get a really nice flying plane.