Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Stryker Q

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 01:14 AM
MiniBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stryker Q

Whats a good upgraded battery for the stryker that is mostly stock. I soldered deans connectors in place of all the junky stock ones. Then soldered the engine wire together and took out the power robbing connectors. I am hoping for a little better battery life and a little more power to the prop. Maybe it just helped a little. It usually helps alot when it this technique is applied to rc cars. Why not airplanes right? If anything the throttle would be more responsive. I would really like to keep the plane in the air longer. Thank you for reading my thread.

Can i run a 3cell lipo on the stock electronics?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Dr KC

Default RE: Stryker Q

You can't run Lipos on the stock.
A good basic upgrade is the motor - run in / timing etc. I'm a big fan of the 480BB motor (http://www.overlander.co.uk/detail.a...oryid=67&ID=15) which gives more power and seems to run a lot cooler. As regards batteries, 8 cells rather than the stock 7 are meant to be good (more power, similar air time), and I found the Venom 7 cell 1200mAh Nihm (http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk, fast search SK33Y) to be far better that the rather rubbish stock batts. Look at the archives for discussions of all these things. Replacing the stock electronics with Reciver, ESC, 2x servos (and lipo if you want) is a really good idea as soon as you can.

Dark-Siders ("Way Past the Limits" threads) can give you much better info, but beware - they seem to have bottomless pockets!
Old 04-27-2006, 05:07 AM
netdudeuk

ORIGINAL: Dr KC
You can't run Lipos on the stock.
If he has the B version then that's not so.

[link]http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ1200[/link]

"3-cell 2100mAh Li-Po compatibility for the option to fly with the included Ni-MH battery pack or a Li-Po pack"
Old 04-27-2006, 05:36 AM
Hagar69

All Strykers will work with a 3S LIPO, but only the B version has an option for the 3S LIPO cutoff. If you have an older version of the Parkzone RX you must be very careful to not drain your LIPO's too low. A 9 cell NIMH based on IB1200 cells is also a very good pack for the Stryker.

If using 9 cell NIMH or 3S LIPO, you should change to the 5x3 "LIPO" propeller offered by Parkzone or you might burn your motor and/or receiver.

Keep in mind that stock motor with 11-12 volts of power draws a lot of current (possibly more than 20 Amps) so the battery must be rated high enough.

It is also possible to upgrade to BP21 brushless and keep using stock electronics if you get the "PowerZone" board from Mr. RC-Cam. Complete upgrade will be about USD 70 for this (not inlcuding battery pack).

Hagar
Old 04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Fisher

Dymond Model Sports offers a 3 cell 10C 2000 mah (20 amp) LiPo for $35. I have had two for almost a year now and they work fine in my stock stryker and home built foamy. If your RX is LiPo compatible this is your best upgrade option. Longer flights and more power. Get the LiPo Prop metioned earlier. You will need a LiPo compatible charger as well and you will want to read up on LiPo battery use and handling.

http://www.rc-dymond.com/order_batteries_lipol.htm