Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

CG for the Lite (pico) Stik?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 07:10 PM
Bulletproof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG for the Lite (pico) Stik?

Hi!

I'm a newbie on this so please don't laugh at me ;-)

Where the heck should the cg be on a lite stik?
Old 12-19-2002, 03:47 AM
jody63

60 mm back from the leading/front edge ov the wing.if u need help just e-mail!I have had 4 ov these planes and love them.Tried several things with them.they almost always r tail heavy if u set it up by the ins.found a great way to fix without adding any extra weight.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Bulletproof

Hi!

Thanks for the info! But I find it to be tailheavy all the time! Any ideas? Maybe when I get me new Lithium packs that will fit infront of the wing?

/Stefan
Old 12-22-2002, 06:33 AM
jody63

I posted info abought what i do in the thread (slow stick;first flight) check it out!Its the only way i have found to deal with the tail heavy deal.by the way i am using the gws flight pack with the 270 ma battery.If u figure out something else to try that might be better or that works better for u let me know.have tried everything i could think of and this is what worked the best for me.also one thing i left off the other post is to take the o-rings off the wheels. that will get rid of a lot of weight.and try to keep all of the wires as far forward as u can.if u try it let me know what u think might make it better.as far as having had 4 of them,the first one i figured out what not to do.the second one i found out not to pull up too soon when flying through a shed.the third my friend stuck in a tree.the forth i have been flying for almost a year.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:30 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys, Bulletproof, have you flown it yet? I've been flyin mine for two and a half years now...(100+ flights) I have made a bunch of modifications. jody63, I've found the 300mah 2/3AAA NiMH sold by Hobby Lobby(17.50) to be the best batt. The 9x7 gws prop, I made a bigger rudder out of deli take out container foam, and smaller wheels ('moth wheels) I balance mine a little aft of recommended, and it flys fine...Don't over control it , relax and it will practically fly itself. I'm teaching a guy how to fly w/one(been doin' this (R/C) for 29 years now, and this hobby still makes me feel like a little kid!) It's a neat little plane, I fly mine in wind too(10+mph yesterday...)it adds to the fun! When you get more "stick time" it'll become more instinctive, and you'll "just do it" like a reflex action...Until then, try to fly in as calm weather as possable so the plane doesn't get knocked around so much and get you flustered. A good battery like the one I rec. above will give you more time, and better perf. There's lots more, and I could go on, but i'm gonna go do some flyin' myself now. Happy landings!
Old 12-22-2002, 11:10 PM
Bulletproof

Hi guys!

I've been flying my modded Stick today, made a different wing mount, see the picture. It flies nice but today it was a bit windy and I was surfing the plane completely still in the wind!!!!
I also tried a different gearbox from GWS, the 1S with another GWS prop, wow it's a killer machine now. Much more drag and speed (if you want).
Still the CG is not correct, it's tail heavy!

Keep em coming!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	42446_20446.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	26190  
Old 12-24-2002, 04:40 AM
jody63

proptop,thanks for the info on the batt.always willing to try something new to better any airplane!thats what i love about this site ,u can talk to people that have tried diffrent things and without spending alot of time and cash on your own.I love to fly my stick in the wind,and just hover it there.I like my 1/4 extra but i really love the charge and fly right in my yard.NO gas, NO clean up,and never leave the yard.the members of the flying club that i am in r kind of set in there ways.no one wonts to ever try anything new.they all love to see me show up caus i am always trying something new.I always welcome any info,and will share any info i may know.That to me is what makes this a great hobby!U meet people from all walks of life from super rich to dirt poor,and all come together for 1 thing,flying!been flying for 10 years my self,and loved every min ov it.Thinking of trying the submicro indoor stuff next!
Old 12-25-2002, 06:51 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that's what I like about it too...We've got a cross-section of humanity in our club..A real bunch 'o characters...I've just got a Hangar 9 P-51 and a .60 size Spitfire(Sportsman Aviation) and just finished a Slow Stick to go w/ my Lite Stick...Gonna build a Patriot w/a Webra Speed .50 after I get the '51 + Spit finished...Been flyin' a GWS Zero for awhile too. There are so many facets of this hobby that make it great, ya know?! I like the comradery of hangin' out w/ fellow nuts..er, I mean "aviation enthusiasts"...I'm gonna get back to work (got to put the cowl back on my Bobcat, after adding some right thrust so it doesn't pull to the left on the vert. up lines) Bulletproof, cool job on your stick! I added some trailing edge extensions to mine (2"x4 1/2") they're kinda like flaps, only down just a little, like maybe 15-20 degrees, and add lift w/o much drag. That moves the center of pressure aft and allows me to balance my lite stick around 70mm back.(I also re-cambered the outer sections of the wings to get rid of the reflex T.E. area) Wish I had a dig. camera so I could show you guys, But there was an article in Model Aviation (the A.M.A. mag.) back about a year ago showing some similar mods. Well, till next time, it's good "talkin' to ya...
Old 12-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Bulletproof

Default New flights today!

Hi guys!

Today it was -15 celsius (-59F I think?) here in Sweden.....and I had to fly still!
On with some heavy clothes and charge the batteries! I changed prop on my S1 GWS gearbox to a GWS 9x7, yeeezz the Pico wanted to rise almost at 40 degrees from the ground!!!

Then I was crusing at 40% throttle in over 17 minutes, nice and slow with some steep dives and tight turnes.
The wings was getting covered with some ice so I hade to land and go inside to melt it and charge a new pack....and then out again! So damn nice!

Certain parts in the very north of Sweden had -41, that's not an alltime low either.... brrrrrr!

/Keep em coming