Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Mini Ventura from Tower (reveiw kinda)

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Mini Ventura from Tower (reveiw kinda)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:04 PM
pswitzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Ventura from Tower (reveiw kinda)

So I decided to get my first real plane about a week ago and decided on the MINI Ventura. I live in a small (ish) town with no flight instructer and no lhs so I was all on my own with this one. I ended up getting it on friday night. I read all the directions and watched the short dvd on what to do. Knowing I wasn't going to get a flight in that night I decided to wait until saturday morning. Well the morning came and the battery was charged so I took it over to a football feild about 100 yrds from my house. Check'd throttle and surface controls and all were ok by my book. Put it to full throttle and kinda glided but went down. Ran over to pick it up and I noticed that the battery seemed really low. Thought it kind of weird so I brought it home and tried again. This time the battery took an alright charge but wasnt great. Took it to the feild and flew it some but their was a little wind so i had to keep the nose pointed into it the whole time and it came down pretty quickly. I had to go and work a carwash (im 14 and it was for my brother) so I was done for day one. Yesterday (sunday) I was to busy at work to get in any flying, But tonight I just got a flight in with almost no wind. First toss the plane glided to the ground. Trimmed up a bit and... IT FLEW!!! I Circled a few times to try to get it up in the air a little higher and it did quite a good job at full throttle. A few bikers and their kids stopped by and I kinda lost my concentration but I kept the plane up for what seemed like close to 4 minutes. Overall I am pretty pleased with the plane. A few things I didnt like was that the charger led was broken so I wasnt sure if it was working or not. Also the battery only lasts for about 6 minutes or so before you cant get it to take off again. Speed is alright but a little slow. Good to learn with but im already itching for a lipo. Gotta get some money saved up soon. I am charging the battery right now and hope to get in another flight before dark sets in.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:31 PM
pswitzer

Default RE: Mini Ventura from Tower

Well I just got back from another try. First throw was no good. Second throw was great and went cruising around in the air. Kept her up for about 4 or so minutes and she flew beautifuly. At this point the story gets worse. I accidently did a swoop down over the parking lot and didn't pull up hard enough . Ended up camoeing down way fast but not to hard and it skidded a good ways. Ran over th check the damage and the only problem was the rear wing (not sure what its called but perpendicular to the verticle stab) had broken the tip off abot an inth in. Nothing 2 toothpicks wouln't fix. So overall I think It was a good time this battery but hopefully next time can get in an actuall landing on purpse instead of accidental. [:-]
Old 05-15-2006, 09:40 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Mini Ventura from Tower (reveiw kinda)

The vertical stab is the rudder. The horizontal is the elevator. Not bad fight day for your first shot. I wish mine went that good[]. Well get it back up GL picking it up. That's a good plane to learn on. Been eyeballing it myself for a toss around plane.[8D]
Old 05-15-2006, 09:43 PM
pswitzer

Thanks for the encouragement. Seems like it would be a good plane to keep as a trunk rat for those short stops at the park on the way home from work.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:21 PM
love those warbirds

Defiantly. after a alot of flights and (hopefully not many) some crack ups and small biffers and after you get other planes maybe. This will always be your favorite. That's how my Aero-cusier was something about your first.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 AM
foreverNight

get an extra battery. More fun.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:13 PM
love those warbirds

ORIGINAL: foreverNight

get an extra battery. More fun.
yes I have about 3-6 for every plane in my fleet. Just 3-6 times the fun![8D]
Old 04-09-2007, 08:19 PM
daveschutt

I bought a swift flyer for my birthday. Its a piece of crap. Sent it back to hobbico and they have great service. They sent me a MINI VENTURA for free