Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

X-EC Diversion Range Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 02:03 AM
LTChip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-EC Diversion Range Problem

My brand-new X-EC Diversion seems to loose the controller signal out at about 40 ft line-of-sight distance. I know this is not normal as the specs are 300 ft. The batteries are fresh, the plane's batteries well charged, the antenna is fully extended. The plane's antenna is hanging free and I didn't cut it or anything. The problem occured in two different flying fields so interference is ruled out. (other planes worked fine at both places too). It flies well inside a 40 ft circle or if I walk to follow it around. Otherwise, outside of 40ft it starts "spastic" motor fluctuations and gets out of control.

Any ideas on this problem?

Also- I plan to call Megatech tomorrow - any experience with thier support?
Old 12-26-2002, 05:05 AM
VoodooChile2003

Hi mate, Did you have any luck with getting the problem sorted? I just got a XEC Diversion today and I cant walk more than 10 foot away from it without it going "spastic"

So is it bad news?...

VoodooChile2003..
Old 12-29-2002, 05:18 PM
LTChip

Default Megatech Support

Wrote them an email using the form at their website. (Which I hate because you don't have a record of it). I have not heard back from them in 5 days. Will attempt to phone them later this week.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:04 PM
VoodooChile2003

Thanx mate, I have used the form to Email them too, 4 days no reply as yet....is over xmas though?......Anyway, will post in this thread again if I get any restults......thanx agian....

Voodoo
Old 01-01-2003, 09:17 PM
saturn360

Default x-ec diversion, no range

I'm glad to find this thread, I thought I was doing something wrong. Mine can't go more the 15' then the motor starts sputtering, then acts like it's out of range Kind of hard to fly if it can't go more than 15'ft then loses alt and circles to the ground. If anyone finds out something about this problem, please post.

saturn
Old 01-07-2003, 07:39 PM
LTChip

Default Megatec Service

They told me that some of these plane have a bad circut board.
I have to send it back to them with a note saying what is wrong and they will fix it or replace it (most likely replace). The rep told me to keep the flight battery to defray the cost of shipping to them. (Shipping back is on them).

Here is the contact information for them.

AHC Megatech
8300 Tonnelle ave
North Bergen, NJ 07047
Tel: (201) 662-2800
fax: (201) 221-8030
Old 01-08-2003, 07:20 PM
VoodooChile2003

Default XEC SUCK ASS

Thanks for posting guys....I still have the same problem with mine and 6 people from my flying club have XEC planes that all do the same thing......I phoned XEC twice and got hung up on once and the runaround with no answers the second time. Im not happy, I've been in touch with my solicitor and hopefully Im gonna get some justice real soon. Im not sure about the trade description act but im sure if you sell sommit its gotta do what it says on the box. I think XEC should be forced to stop advertising this product, I wonder how many XEC planes shipped like this? I wonder if any of thier products work? Because thier quality control department obviously does not.

Good luck guys,

Thanx for nothing XEC.

VoodooChile2003
Old 01-22-2003, 10:33 PM
LTChip

Default Update II

Called them today to get an update cause I had not heard from them after I returned my plane. The rep told me that a new one was shipped out yesterday. Will update when it comes in as to its performance.