Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Cox Wings P-51

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 03:24 PM
GarandGuy55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox Wings P-51

Has anyone built and flown the cox P-51? I am a new member of this site and I post this in another forum before I found the electric forum. I just bought my P-51 and I was wondering what you guys have to think about it. For $20, I couldn't pass it up! Thanks for any input!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:50 AM
flew2high

Default RE: Cox Wings P-51

I have the P-47, well, had until an unintended nose dive into concrete KIA'd it. They're all similar, though I've heard the Spit. flies the best, the Corsair the worst, with the others in between. Keep it light and it will fly well on stock motor with either a small nimh or 2s lipo. Mine had trouble turning left at higher throttle settings, which led to the aforementioned noser. Some people have added small rudder extensions with packing tape to increase rudder authority.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:45 PM
vulcan656

When launching ,heave it at 45 degree angle upwards,This will give you plenty of time to get on the sticks ,Don't worry about stalling.
these warbirds have plenty of power.
P.S.
Go easy on the amount of servo throws, excess will make them almost uncontrollable .
They won't recover from a tip stall easily. I just had to retire the P-40 after drilling it around 10 times (getting too heavy with all the hot-melt glue repairs)
I'm having just too much fun with these warbirds!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:05 PM
starguard

I have a question about these birds...

Is there any way to charge these planes either at the field, or build them where the batteries can be swapped in and out? You know it kinda sucks to only be able to get just one flight out of it, then be forced to take it home to put back on the charger.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:59 PM
starguard

Anyone
Old 07-04-2006, 02:55 PM
GarandGuy55

The plane comes with a charger lead. If you get a field charger, you could plug in the lead and charge the battery. You could build a hatch somewhere on the plane to replace your battery too. Im not very good at modifying thiings and have them work afterwards so, I am just building it by the instructions. I can't wait until I can get my first flight with this thing.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Psikelly

You can always cut in your own hatch to make the batteries removable. My buddy did that and it worked pretty nice. Just be sure to use a brand new blade so you dont accidentally rip the foam . When you install the initial battery and get your CG set have a mark made so you know exactally where the installed battery is and then just cut it out and and use that foam to make your hatch. Alittle balsa stick an be used to reinforce it but just keep it as light as you can
Old 07-04-2006, 08:57 PM
JasonRP

Anyone got any good leads on where to buy these planes?

Old 07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
GarandGuy55

I got mine from Cox. Their website is www.coxmodels.com