Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Wattage Crazy Max - Is it a Park Flyer?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Wattage Crazy Max - Is it a Park Flyer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 08:44 PM
mgmoore7
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Crazy Max - Is it a Park Flyer?

I have gotten interested in park flyers for the same reason many of you have. My local flying field is 35 minutes away and with 2 kids I just don't have as much time as I would like at the field. Therefore, I have thought that I could easily go 5 minutes away to a field and fly a few times without being gone for 3 or more hours.

That brings me to my question. I have been seriously looking a the Wattage Crazy Max since it is touted as being a highly aerobatic park flyer without breaking the bank with expensive planes and power systems and I though it would allow me to continue to advance my aerobatic skills. I have read a few times that this plane is really not a park flyer and it needs more room to fly. Is this true or can it be flown in small areas? I also need to be a little concerned with wind. I live in Tampa Fl and there is almost always wind of some sort. Are there other options for planes that could fit what I am looking for?

Thanks.

Matt
Old 01-01-2003, 02:43 AM
turbojoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wattage Crazy Max - Is it a Park Flyer?

You bet it's a park flyer. I can fly mine any place I can fly my Slow Stick. It'll almost fly as slow as the S.S. if you want it to. At full throttle it can use up space in a hurry but you won't really want to go balls out in a straight line. It's more fun banging the sticks to the corners just to see what kind of crazy things you can make it do. Crazy Max was a good name for it.
Hobby People has it on sale again for $39.95
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/128432.asp
Mine is pretty beat up so maybe it's time I picked up another one. At this price it's a steal.