Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Lanciar ES EP - Does it need Need Lipo??

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Lanciar ES EP - Does it need Need Lipo??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
bryanward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanciar ES EP - Does it need Need Lipo??

Just got done building GP Lancair ES EP came with nimh, donsn't seem like it has enough power does it need a lipo or has anyone flown it with the battery it came with?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Jagzilla

Default RE: Lanciar ES EP - Does it need Need Lipo??

I flew mine first try with the stock motor and a lipo, and still felt the power was very marginal. I quickly went brushless with mine, and promptly crashed and totalled it shortly after. I'm still smarting over that one! It's a beautiful plane, but just one of those one's that didn't work out for me
J
Old 08-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Capt. Yossarian

I'm still building my Lancair. I'm sorry to hear about the crash, all part of the rollercoaster that is RC flight. Can I ask what caused the crash? Funny flight characteristics? Pilot error? Did you learn anything that might help us? Through your misfortune you have the opportunity to teach others, and I for one would be grateful.

"Let me see if I've got this straight: in order to be grounded, I've got to be crazy and I must be crazy to keep flying. But if I ask to be grounded, that means I'm not crazy any more and I have to keep flying."
Old 08-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Jagzilla

I really only flew the plane a handful of times, and never really got enough air time in with it to start to give any sorta detailed reports. I had a lot of issues with trying to rog it of our "short cropped" grass runway.The stock front wheel assembly was problematic. I really wanted to keep the stock wheel pants, but in the end, had to go with bigger wheels and no pants.The crash was totally dumb thumbs....I lost it on a poor takeoff, and it went veering off sorta towards where a vehicle was parked. I just couldn't get control of it as it was just too close to stall speed and I was overcontrolling the ailerons in my panic to get it back under control. It started to get too close to the vehicle and I deliberately drove it into the ground to prevent an even more expensive collision. Unfortunately for me, there was newly laid gravel where I went in, and the finish of the plane was so ruined that I just gave up on it then and there. It was in the garbage bin later that day. A real heartbreaker that plane was!
If I was to do it all over again, brushless, lipo and bigger wheels(if rog from grass) right of the bat.
Jaggy
Old 08-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Capt. Yossarian

Thankyou Jag, I'm going to take that advice and at the very least go lipo before trying it, as I've heard of others complain about the power as well. Thanks again Jag for sharing, any little bit of information is valuable and it certainly helped make up my mind as to wether to try her stock. Yoss
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
jonan

I just built a Lancair ES, and can't get it off the runway with the provided power system. Seems to be the standard complaint, so I'll change out to a larger motro, and Lipo. Jonan
Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

I was gonna get this plane and fly it with the provided hardware, but then saw that it barely gets off the ground with the stock stuff. I decided if I was gonna have to change everything, I would just get the plane I really wanted, the new GP Spad 13!