Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Stryker Brushless Motor

Old 09-15-2006, 09:31 AM
wildjaych

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stryker Brushless Motor

Has anyone ever run a Eflite brushless Park 400 inrunner in their Stryker? I couldnt find it in the Monster threads on the Stryker. if anyone has done it please advise how it flys.

Also what prop did you use?

The specs on the motor dont say what props to use when you use direct drive. A friend of mine said to try a 5 x 5.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:15 AM
yoster

Default RE: Stryker Brushless Motor

Yes, people are using the six-series E-flite motor (the 2000Kv verson). Not sure on what prop they're running tho. The website says what props to use with direct drive and gearboxes.. maybe you missed it.. here's the link. Look under the Specs portion.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLM2000

If you're talking about the park 400 specifically, I haven't heard much. Also, are you talking about the 400 inrunner or outrunner?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

It would depend on what kv inrunner you have. One like the 4200 kv unit would take a tiny prop, 5x5 on 3s lipo would pull around 16.5 amps and only develop around 8 oz of thrust.
That high of a kv unit would be better off used in a gearbox set up. Same motor/pack on a 3:1 gearbox, spinning a 9x8 prop would give you about stock performance and amp draw.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:34 AM
wildjaych

yeah this is the one I have.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLM1100

Glacier Girl,
Where did you come up with those numbers? Pretty impressive..... is there some kind of formula that you plugged numbers into?

So the 8oz of thrust would not be enough? How much thrust does the stock brushed motor put out? What would be a good thrust for the stryker?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM
yoster

Realistically, most people running direct drive use a 1800kv-2500kv motor... or thereabouts... inrunners anyway. Any higher and the thrust off a direct drive without melting the motor and esc will be so low it would be pointless.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Glacier Girl

ORIGINAL: wildjaych

Glacier Girl,
Where did you come up with those numbers? Pretty impressive..... is there some kind of formula that you plugged numbers into?

So the 8oz of thrust would not be enough? How much thrust does the stock brushed motor put out? What would be a good thrust for the stryker?
Specs came from MotoCalc.
And no 8 oz thrust would only work with a bungee launch at best. I memory serves me stock was around 15-18 oz.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29538.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	524409  
Old 09-15-2006, 12:30 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

ORIGINAL: wildjaych

Glacier Girl,

So the 8oz of thrust would not be enough? How much thrust does the stock brushed motor put out? What would be a good thrust for the stryker? And no 8 oz thrust would only work with a bungee launch at best. I memory serves me stock was around 15-18 oz.
Specs came from MotoCalc.
WOW!! interesting there GG. My HiMaxx 3630/4500KV pulls over 60 amps with a 4.7X4.25 on 3 cells!

Old 09-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Glacier Girl

Remember MotoCalc is only a guide. That's why I printed it out.