Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

cheap 4 channel pitts

Old 09-20-2006, 05:58 PM
spookythecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap 4 channel pitts

so, i ran across this nice looking 4 channel, rtf pitts. anybody know anything about this?

here's a link to it.

http://www.raidentech.com/4pisprtfelra.html

they also have a T-34 which looks nice.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:09 PM
89ram

Default RE: cheap 4 channel pitts

don't know anything about it, but if it flys at all, it looks pretty good.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Leo L

The Pitts looks like a great deal. There is another site, Novahobbydepot, that sometimes carries it and they had a video. Looked terrific on the video, but I've seen other planes look terrific on the manufacturer's videos and they couldn't fly worth a damn. Still, for that price you could always swap in a cheap brushless and still have a low cost great looking plane.

One of the beginner flyers at my field just got the T-34. I only saw the maiden flight, when an experienced flyer took it up to trim it out. Took off very nicely and seemed to fly very well.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Jagzilla

I have the raidentech Pitts, and I'm very pleased with it. Great looking kit, and rugged. Realize though, you only get ailerons on the bottom wing. The pics on their website are deceiving that way.For the price, its a great deal.
J
Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Bigtone

Below are the companies that make and sell them. There are some videos on the pages of the aircraft in flight. Most of these are sold on ebay, the funny thing about christen eagle. That's the same one that cox sales, you can get it way cheaper then their price on ebay but, with a radio and all. With brushless or without!

http://www.art-tech.cn/english/index.asp

http://www.airmodel.cn/index.asp

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/pitts-bipe.htm
Old 09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Pilot352

Funny, if you go to the www.airmodel.com link and look at the detail section for their Pitts S-2A, they show a front view which the cowel isn't on correctly. You would think that they would want to put their best foot forward in showing details of their products.

-pilot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90040.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	527938  
Old 09-22-2006, 10:32 PM
spookythecat

thanks everyone for your input. for only a hundred bucks i think i'll give it a go.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pilot352 That cowl looks like it is on correctly to me. It does show there is a lot of right thrust. More so than in other pics from other sites.
I guess they hope you don't notice that. Don't see how it could be missed tho.

jagzilla, that is discouraging even though it wouldn't be hard to add the upper ailerons. The pics on raidentech's website clearly show the linkages for four alierons. On the model assembled, on the box and even on the unassembled model as it comes out of the box. This is clearly misinformation and deception on their part.
Unless you happened to get a kit that was short these items. Did you communicate this obvious error?
I know after looking at all the pics I would expect four ailerons and their appropriate linkages to be included. What a disapointment!!!

Robert
Old 09-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Jagzilla

There is a big thread over at RC Groups concerning the Raidentech Pitts. None of the planes come with top and bottom ailerons. It wasn't just my kit. And you are right, it is total deception on the part of Raidentech.
J
Old 09-23-2006, 10:50 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm. Wonder if any of those folks complained to raidentech or if they did what kind of answer they got from them?

Robert
Old 09-28-2006, 02:17 AM
doh2doh

I have seen these planes on hobbyjapan2000 and rc-expert web site and was thinking of getting one for my wife to learn with. Do you think it would be suitable for learning with?
What is the climb rate like with the standard motor and dose it glide we dead stick?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:03 AM
sama

The prop is bent to counter the torque, most park flyers have that.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:09 AM
drunkenbushman

ORIGINAL: doh2doh

I have seen these planes on hobbyjapan2000 and rc-expert web site and was thinking of getting one for my wife to learn with. Do you think it would be suitable for learning with?
What is the climb rate like with the standard motor and dose it glide we dead stick?

If your talking about the Pitts then no, deffiantly not.

Bi Planes while they give alot of lift with the twin wings are not easy to fly and are not recomended to learn to fly on.

To learn to fly you want to go for a high wing plane, they give both good lift and stability in the air.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:12 AM
drunkenbushman

[link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/beginners-rc.htm]Trainer Planes[/link]

Any plane listed on this site is great for the beginner pilot. Some of the planes are scale if thats what your looking for.

Best of all, every plane will give you the best chance to get into the hobby and have fun straight away.

The best way to learn proberly is to join a club and get help from people who have been there and done that before, almost everybody at any club is more than happy to help new pilots learn the ropes.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Pilot352

The prop is bent to counter the torque, most park flyers have that.
This may be true, but look closely at the photo. The wing is aligned with the wheels. The fuselage is aligned with the wheels. The SPINNER is center to the wheels... but the cowl is shifted to the right (from view). The cowl is on crooked. Also, look at the angle of the left side of the cowl with respect to the wing vs. the angle of the right side. The angle is greater on the left. The cowl is crooked. The motor is straight.

I know this isn't very important in the grand scheme of the world and I don't want to start a big "he said/she said" debate,
but it's crooked!!

[:@][:@]

-Pilot
Old 09-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Pilot352

See, it's crooked!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20978.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	531694  
Old 09-28-2006, 08:39 AM
sama

No, angle of the photo.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Pilot352

Okay you're right.... The cowl is straight.... The plane is crooked!!

Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 AM
drunkenbushman

Hey if you guys are gonna start smoking cool stuff please let me in on it!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:06 PM
joebugs1

I've got one of these, think I got it off one of the eBay sites, or maybe from raidentech. It DOES have ailerons on top & bottom, just like the pictures. I know lots of folks didn't have that, but I think maybe they got stuck with older models or something. No excuses for those who are selling them as 4 aileron planes though.
This was my first "larger" plane, but I've got tons of simulator time, and stick time on the AeroAces. Very different, by the way, but it can be a first plane if you have a good idea of what you're doing already.
As for the plane itself:
It will fly, barely, with the stock setup. Not much power to keep it aloft.
Replaced the motor with a 380 or something and a slightly larger 2 blade prop. It flies a lot better.
I've seen the video with it pulling loops and such. I doubt that was a stock setup.
Next replaced the brushed motor with a brushless setup and Lipo batteries (don't recall exactly what)
promptly dove it full power straight into the ground, it's currently awaiting some major repairs to the engine mount.
Should have check the CG, it was waaay forward. I learn so much more when I'm being stupid.
Clear packing tape will be your friend. The leading wing edges can use some, the cowl should be taped on, the wing struts
should be reinforced where they connect to the wing (otherwise they pull out in a light crash)
I cracked the fuse just in front of the wings, taped it back together, good as new. Overall, it's got several grams of tape.
I think my flying weight is right around 600 grams. Seems pretty heavy.
I'm sure the landing gear won't take much abuse, my pulled out in a not too hard landing. Maybe on a nice smooth surface,
if you're good on landings. I just fly without gear and belly down in the grass.
Overall, it wasn't a bad $100
If I were to do it all over though, I'd think about a ToyTronix T-Hawk, 3 channel ugly pod & boom that it is.
The Pitts is a pretty plane though, and once you can keep it in the air, it looks great and flies very nicely.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:51 AM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this plane is made by Art-Tech, other than its power plant (BTW I have seen one for sale with that brushless outrunner) its very much like there Christen Eagle. I have that plane and have had at least 50 flights with it and love it.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:16 AM
doh2doh

I think you will find it is made by sapac. See www.sapac.com.cn
Old 10-04-2006, 10:33 PM
trdexter

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/media/AT1700-PittsBipe.wmv
Old 10-05-2006, 09:13 PM
spookythecat

well, i got my pitts today and all i can report so far is it's a nice looking plane and it DOES have ailerons on the top and bottom.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:41 PM
guy5927

There are TWO different manufacturers .... Art-tech is the most well known and probably the better ... guaranteed 4 ailerons, 1800 mah lipo and descent outrunner ...

link :

[link]http://www.art-tech.cn/english/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=137[/link]

( Their cessna 182 is their best known product )

And oh yeah : Pilot, the cowl is DEFINATELY put on the wrong way ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.