Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

T-Hawk-Please give advice!! CHEERS

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

T-Hawk-Please give advice!! CHEERS

Old 01-16-2003, 01:17 PM
willtrevt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Hawk-Please give advice!! CHEERS

I have been looking around for an electriv RTF trainer and the T-Hawk looks perfect. I haven't flown before and wondering whether it is the right choice? The throttle is not proportional is that a prob?? Any other advice is welcome!!
Thanks a lot for reading/helping
Will
Old 01-16-2003, 04:28 PM
MAKODS

I have been flying the T-Hawk for a few months now and I am really glad I bought it as a trainer. It has taken real abuse from my first flights hitting many hard objects like concrete curbs an trees and it survived beautifully. The throttle thing bothered me at first because being brand new to the sport I thought it seemed to go fast. But it really flies at a comfortable speed and you can switch the motor on and off to slow more I you need to or just glide. With the extra parts and all the plane is a good bargain. The support people are quick to answer questions and if you need extras the are easily available and shipped fast. I will hand this plane to my son soon but will continue to fly it now and then. Go for it, you wont be dissapointed!!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:31 PM
BillK

It also comes minus the receiver and radio so you can put your own receiver in and use your own radio. Then you'll get proportional throttle too. I think I'm about to order one since it fits so nice in a box. Be easy to take camping.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:34 AM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

willtrevt please check out this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...56&forumid=239

& visit us over at the Beginners Section. Allot of talk on the T-Hawk..
Old 03-13-2003, 05:07 PM
alzhar

I have a new t-hawk for sale.
Anybody interested?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...ighlight=thawk]
Old 03-14-2003, 02:54 PM
tallyho88
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Will.
Make UR T-Hawk throttle proportional instead of ON/OFF by adding a Rheostat(Potentiometer) valued at 25 Ohms. Simply drill a proper size hole on front of Txmtr & attach the pot. Disconnect the black & white wires to the on/off switch & attach to the pot. It doesnt matter which wire goes where, as long as one is on the centre tap!!
Dr, Gravity (Old Spitfire pilot).
Old 03-14-2003, 02:58 PM
imrcbob
My Feedback: (1)

BillK is right, and the stock esc is proportional so all you need is a Tx. I put a Hitec Laser 4 in mine, and it performs well even with the giant 7ch Rx (I was in a hurry and did not want to order a micro Rx). Also, always carry a roll of packing tape; it's easy to fix (I'm a car guy; I don't fly very well.)

tallyho88's idea sounds good too, but the stock Tx will not allow you to learn how to control 2ch with 1stick (which is why I crash a lot--still learning)
Old 03-17-2003, 06:07 PM
MAKODS

Don't know if you are still interested but I purchased a Hitec Feather 4 channel and put it in my T-hawk with no problem at all. The servo connections are standard! Now I can use my Flash 5 TX
with it. The right stick controls rudder and elevator and the left controls throttle. Price for Feather 4 was 29.00. Hope this helps you and good luck!