Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slowstick with ailerons

Old 01-18-2003, 06:40 PM
power-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slowstick with ailerons

Hi, I noticed in the review the wing has what looks to be cut outs for ailerons has anyone tried this and if so how does it fly? I don't really care for rudder only models but I am considering a slowstick. Any info would be great! Thanks a bunch!

POWER
Old 01-18-2003, 07:43 PM
jettstarblue

Power,

I built mine with adjustable flaps, and only had to reinforce the wing with some tape. You could do the same with ailerons.
However, ailerons on a slowflyer are not to effective-sometimes the adverse yaw is more than the aileron action. I guess the worst you could do is, use the ailerons, and if you don't like them, or they don't work well, remove them and put the wing back to original with some tape.

Jetts
Old 01-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Derek_TX
My Feedback: (1)

You might want to reduce the dihedral if the alierons dont behave.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:17 PM
BillK

I've been considering ailerons too. The SS turns so quick and tight with the rudder I haven't been to motivated to do it. I'm thinking of clipping the whole wing at the aileron line.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:15 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all, I put ailerons on mine...Mine are "strip" ailerons, like BillK mentioned above, the entire T.E. is hinged (W/ clear packing tape) I'm using a HS-55 servo recessed into the top of the wing, and using a LOT of differential...Almost no downward travel, and a lots of upward travel to try and avoid the adverse yaw problem, and tip stalling the downward deflected ail. wing. It works well, rolls are possable, snap-rolls, spins, etc. Just make sure your wing is attached securely! I almost had mine come off!(put a few more, and heavier, rubber bands on) I'm using an 8 cell pack too, it really perks it up...Happy Landings