Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

New Futaba T6XAs not driving GWS S/C

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New Futaba T6XAs not driving GWS S/C

Old 01-19-2003, 04:22 AM
fxf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Futaba T6XAs not driving GWS S/C

I hope someone can help me on this problem. I just bought a new Futaba T6xa Transmitter. My only planes are the GWS Tiger Moth and the GWS Slow Stick. Both with flight packs and receivers for Futaba. Both work great with my old Futaba Conquest Fp-T4NPF. The new Futaba will not turn the speed cntlr on in either plane. Channels 1 through 4 on the new radio will operate servos but the S/C will just not work with this radio. The MODE is set to PPM.

Again I can put a servo on Ch 3 (or any channel) and the servo works, Then I put the S/C on that channel and nothing. Then turn on the old Futaba radio and the S/C works.

Repeat the whole exercise on the Slow stick and get the same results. I was using Channel 44 and channel 55. I am posting here because this group uses the GWS stuff more than any other list. Thanks.

Help FXF
Old 01-19-2003, 05:16 AM
lookinup

I am not familiar with that particular TX but you may look into the EPA settings and increase the "down" travel on the channel your using for the speed control. You may not be getting enough travel to start the speed control. It is my understanding that you have to have your throttle all the way down to start the S/C as a safety so if your stick is up you don't get a sudden start of the motor. I hope this helps, I am by no means an expert on electric flight. I think ATV is the term for EPA on that tx. EPA=end point adjustment. ATV=adjustable travel volume (I think)
Old 01-19-2003, 05:20 AM
kram51
My Feedback: (3)

I just got done installing my speed control this evening and you may need to reverse the throttle channel and then make sure that your trim is at least centered as mentioned already. . . and of course the throttle is all the way down. . .
Old 01-19-2003, 05:43 AM
fxf

Lookinup and Kram51

Thanks, You are so right and so fast. This is the first programable radio that I ever had and the safety start also threw me. Thank you both.
FXF