Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

First (Accidental) Flight

Old 01-19-2003, 05:07 PM
tsim712

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First (Accidental) Flight

I've had a Firebird XL in the closet for a year or so. Not even sure when or where I got it. I brought it to the park with me today when I went to race my rc truck.
It was too windy for flying, at least for a small electric and a pilot that has never flown, but I decided to let it taxi around just to see what kind of power the little plane had. I guess a gust of wind caught it and took it about 15 feet in the air. I didn't want to kill the power and nose dive into the asfault so I turned it toward the field. I faught wind gust after gust till I finally got it landed (on the wheels to my suprise). The whole ordeal lasted about 3 minutes.
My question is on the control. The elavation is controled by the throttle which is full on/ full off. Is there any way to fly level or will it always fly like a dolphin. When you reach a decent elevation, will it glide or does it dive with no throttle.
I'm looking forward to trying it again when I'm not fighting the wind. Need to know what to expect....

tracy
Old 01-19-2003, 09:23 PM
BillK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First (Accidental) Flight

It should fly level with about 50% throttle. It'll glide really well. I think the funnest thing to do with the Firebirds is fly it up high and cut the power and see how long you can glide it around.