Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Old 03-04-2007, 10:07 PM
akdude47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

I am looking at the same thing. If I order the frame, thats 89.00 Cheapest brushed ESC that I know of that will accept LIPO batteries is a GWS that runs about 25.00 I think. Cheap corona or Berg receiver for 20-40 with crystal, then lipos for about 33 each if I order from United Hobbies. I have a bunch of smaller lipos 20c lipos from them that work great.

There are several sellers on ebay offering the Spit with a extra battery and free shipping, so that is tempting.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 PM
afpe45

@akdude47,

are the dealers you refer to USA based, if not give me a link

afpe45.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:17 PM
tcarp

Well...I am not answering to anyone..At this point I am really asking a question I suppose. Has anyone else not had the servo extension in their box?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Ram008

Hey..Just brought my Spitty home...Put it together, fired her up..Motor works, But Servos dont, Have tried hooking them up everywhich way there is, Still nothing..Anyone else have this problem?..any answers?...Ive looked inside..Looks like everythings hooked up...Ive called my LHS..told me to bring it back, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if so..what was the prob?...Thanks for any suggestions........Oh...When hooking up the battery..Servos never even twitch..almost like they arent getting any juice to them...anyways thanks for any Suggestions!.......Semper Fi!
Make sure your aileron servo is plugged into the correct channel. The throttle channel port (directly above the X-Port on the receiver) should be left open. The aileron servo plugs into the port above the throttle (2nd port above the X-Port on the receiver). If the aileron servo is plugged into the throttle channel on the receiver, nothing will work.

I did not see an extension in ANY of the boxes I looked at, yet they clearly state in the manual to hook the wings into a reversing lead. The radio has reversing ability I see.. I`m confused..
It is a mis-print in the manual. There is no reversing lead on the Spitfire (there IS on the Mustang and the Focke Wulf). The aileron servo plugs directly into the aileron port on the receiver (2nd port above the X-Port on the receiver).
Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 AM
edberg

Iv'e decided to get rid of the parkzone stuff and use my futaba 6eax computer radio, what type of esc/receiver/servos should I use? I'd prefer a 4/5ch receiver. Gunrun tell us how it flys in comparison to the focke wulf I'll then see which airframe i'll get.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:04 AM
kev71h

subscribe.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
AirWing Marine

Hey Ram, Thanks for the reply, I tried every connection there is, and backwards too...I finally took it back to my local hobbyshop/ He took it back, and told me to pick his last one on the shelf up...We made sure everything worked on it, and I brought it home...As a matter of fact..I just walked in after maidening her..I was extremely nervous..But she flew like a dream, even had a modest breeze blowing..I put 2 packs thru it. decided to call it a evening..Seeing that Spit rip thru the air, was very Motivating for me...I think im in Love...lol......Had a great time...cant wait to take her back up.....Take care.......SemperFi!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:40 PM
tclaridge

I just put my Spit together. Looks like some improvements over the Fw-190 and P-51. First off, the bird is 3 oz LIGHTER than the Fw!! This should give better performance. The wing seams are sealed better, so no open seams were found.

I like the paint and details like all the PZ warbirds. I noticed the radio is slightly upgraded. This is a ZX-10 Tx with servo reversing switches on the front, and the Rx is a six channel! The throttle is more precise, and so is the response to the servos. Much better control than the P-51 and Fw radios. So I am going to use the ZX-10 Tx for my Super Cub and the Fw. For the Fw-190, I just had to swap the servo plugs on the Rx, and it worked fine. Of course everything must be the same channel for this to work. But now I only need one Tx for three airplanes.

Everything out of the box was trimmed perfectly too. No adjustments necessary, although I always put about 1/16" aileron reflex (TE up) on the wing. The wing is real nice eliptic shape, semi-symmetrical. No wonder this bird flys nice!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Flybyvam

ORIGINAL: AirWing Marine

Hey Ram, Thanks for the reply, I tried every connection there is, and backwards too...I finally took it back to my local hobbyshop/ He took it back, and told me to pick his last one on the shelf up...We made sure everything worked on it, and I brought it home...As a matter of fact..I just walked in after maidening her..I was extremely nervous..But she flew like a dream, even had a modest breeze blowing..I put 2 packs thru it. decided to call it a evening..Seeing that Spit rip thru the air, was very Motivating for me...I think im in Love...lol......Had a great time...cant wait to take her back up.....Take care.......SemperFi!
Glad to hear it went great! Looking forward to seeing it in the air sometime soon. I'm hoping to maiden the P51 Thursday afternoon at Greenhill.

Best Wishes,
Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 05:27 AM
AirWing Marine

About What Time Mike?...I work over at AH Harris, on Apperson..Not far from Greenhill..maybe 15minutes...Im Taking a vacation Day Friday. gotta love those 3 day weekends, Grandbabies comming to visit for weekend..Im going to fly for sure then...Cant wait to see both the Mustang and Spitty flying formation.....Get my Bud to bring his Supercub, he got it painted up as a Military Spotter plane, Then we can fly Cover for him, Lol....Let me know......Semper FI!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Flybyvam

ORIGINAL: AirWing Marine

About What Time Mike?...I work over at AH Harris, on Apperson..Not far from Greenhill..maybe 15minutes...Im Taking a vacation Day Friday. gotta love those 3 day weekends, Grandbabies comming to visit for weekend..Im going to fly for sure then...Cant wait to see both the Mustang and Spitty flying formation.....Get my Bud to bring his Supercub, he got it painted up as a Military Spotter plane, Then we can fly Cover for him, Lol....Let me know......Semper FI!
Hey Airwing,

Half day Thurdsay! We'll be at Greenhill around 1:00pm, and there should be about 2-3 of us, and more around 4:00pm!

Hope to see you out there!

Take care,
Mike
Old 03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
astro1111

Can you please tell me in detail what your Blushless setup is? ie motor, battery, esc?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
tclaridge

I finally got my Spit in the air. Easy to trim and hand launch. Most gentle stall of the three PZ warbirds. Hardly dropped the nose at all, and did not tip stall. Must be the elliptical wing! I did have a problem keeping the plane level in roll. It would either roll left or right, depending on the last direction of turn. So it was not a trim problem. I figure it must be the binding of the metal control rods in the wing.

So after very carefully extracting and using WD-40 on the metal control rods, I put them back and buttoned up the wing back on the fuse. I removed the aileron servo arm to reconnect them. Wasn't too hard since I just punched the small screwdriver right through the foam to unscrew and re-screw the servo arm onto the servo. I also put a piece of clear tape on that lower seam between the cowl and wing. That should keep the dirt and grass out during landings. I also did the same to my FW-190. That seam becomes a real dirt scoop on landing!

I will report if this gets rids of the roll tendency.

I also liked the climb rate of this bird (it is the lightest of the three warbirds). I hardly used any battery on an eight minute easy flight (about 700 mah) that included loops, rolls, and WOT fly bys.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 AM
RosscoW

I've been thouroghly enjoying my little PZ Spit, but I've just had the second ESC burnout on me (complete with smoke!!). I'm just running the standard 9 cell NIMH. Anyone else had similar problems?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
zzz12

I wish parkzone would make there parts faster. I have been waiting a long time for a painted cowl and fuselage can not get them in the uk. Where in the uk has them in stock. help plz
Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
zzz12

Ps its for the Parkzone spitfire Thanks.[:@]
Old 03-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Gary Hoorn

Can you please tell me in detail what your Blushless setup is? ie motor, battery, esc?
Mine has the Typhoon Brushless motor which bolts right up to the Spit gearbox. Swap the pinion from the Spit brushed motor and install with green loctite. I drive the motor with a Castle Creations 35amp ESC and a TP2100mah Lipo. Receiver is a Spektrum 6100.
Gary
Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 AM

Hey guys,
Has anyone else had the problem with a crushed rudder when it was taken out of the box? What did you do to correct the problem? I thought I could fix the problem but I am now not so sure. It had more internal damage than I originally thought. I removed the elevator plastic mount and split the rear section and tried to glue the crushed areas so it would have some strength. After the glue dried the rudder and elevator is still offset to one side and that will cause triming problems.

I haven't contacted Horrizon yet. Thought I would wait until I see the results of this repair. They have always been so helpful in the past when I had a a problem with my PZ190 that I don't anticipate they would give me a problem with the Spitfire crushed rudder problem.

Larry

Old 03-18-2007, 10:45 AM
tclaridge

I think you can patch it up with a hot gun, but I would have Horizon send me a new fuse. If its too much of a pain to swap everything out, send the whole fuse back with everything installed, and ask for a new one. You shouldn't have to live with damaged goods, but it happens in shipping sometimes. My guess is Horizon will make good on it.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:13 PM

tclaridge

Thanks for your response.

I emailed Horizon and explained the problems and requested a replacement fuselage. From past experience with them I am sure they will make it right.

After I tried the repair both the elevator and rudder were still slanted extremely to the right and nothing I tried would correct the problem.

You Spit still flying?

Larry
Old 03-18-2007, 08:16 PM
tclaridge

Larry,
I now only have two flights on the Spit. Waiting for better weather.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 PM
gunracer

check out my post #120...from the sounds of it, mine was probably less damaged than yours...horizon will take care of you...finally got to maiden mine and she flys great...here's the vid at rcg...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...45&postcount=1
Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
onewheeldoin200

ORIGINAL: gunracer

check out my post #120...from the sounds of it, mine was probably less damaged than yours...horizon will take care of you...finally got to maiden mine and she flys great...here's the vid at rcg...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...45&postcount=1
Great, thanks for the video!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:20 PM

Hey guys,

After 2 emails to Horizon I was not getting anywhere so I called product support. Unusually, they were not receptive to my request at first but the more I explained to them they finally relented and said they would send out a replacement fuselage.

I explained that the plane had never been out of my house since it was built, that the problems were from a hard blow to the rudder area during shipping distorting the foam and causing the rudder to be canted to one side and the elevator way out of alignment with the wing.

I guess they have had problems with folks distorting the truth and they have to be somewhat skeptical. I have always had great service with them before this problem.

Thanks for your replies guys and it looks like the plane is a great flyer. I hope to be able to get out next week to maiden mine.

I want to thank Horizon for bring us affordable war birds that look nice and fly great. Keep up the good work.

Larry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94700.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	645420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48689.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	645421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58941.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	645422  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:32 PM
gunracer

glad to read that horizon is once again doing the right thing...a packing design flaw allows the fuse to go into the packing foam both the right way and the wrong way...the wrong way is just tight enough to tweak the rudder as shown in my pixs...anyways, hoping the rest of your experience with the pz spitfire will be positive...she's a great looking and great flying model...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.