Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Battery Packs for GWS P51

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 06:45 PM
MAKODS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Packs for GWS P51

I'm in the proccess of building a GWS P-51. I'm still not all that confident when it comes to battery types. I would appreciate any recomendations on the different packs that will fit this plane and give more power and longer flight times without motor damage. Thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 03:44 PM
pc_pilot

The GWS 7.2v 600mah NICD pack gives me abot 6 minutes at full throttle and about 9 minutes if I reduce the throttle after takeoff. If you are a newbie to aileron airplanes I would suggest this battery pack. It is fairly light and allows you to slow the plane down for easy landings. If you are an experienced flyer, then 7 or 8 cell 600mah nicd or 1000mah nimh packs will give you great speed and more than 10 minute flights. But it will not slow down as much as the 7.2v pack because of the added weight of the batteries in the other packs.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:46 PM
MAKODS

Thanks. I really hadn't considered the speed difference. I am new to airlerons so it sounds like a plan.