Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

need help!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2003, 12:57 AM
rcflyer0288

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!!!!!!!!!!

i ahve a gws j-3 stick and whenever i takeoff it will climb for about 4 ft but then it will stall and nose dive strait into the ground. also when i ahnd launched it it didnt seem like the planes supplied motor was powerful enough to sustain flight.
need help
Old 01-25-2003, 01:33 AM
AuzzieRCFlyer-RCU

I'm new to this however I've read a lot of posts where people have put the prop on back to front! You might want to double check which way around your props on.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:04 AM
flippypilot
My Feedback: (1)

HI GUYS
I JUST GOT A NEW IN BOX TIGER MOTH GWS AND THE MOTOR IS NO GOOD ,, THATS ALWAYS A POSIBILTY
Old 01-25-2003, 04:38 AM
hoppyfl

It's probably the weather. Cold temperatures really decrease the energy that a NiMH battery can supply. If you are using NiMH batteries in weather under 50F you will see a decrease in power. The lower the temperature the greater the decrease in power.
hoppy
Old 01-25-2003, 02:46 PM
goofup

My Tiger Moth did the same thing at first (stall/dive, wouldn't climb)!

Others suggestions are good, but I'd check your CG, it may be too far back and you're tail heavy. Made all the difference in the world!

Goofup
Old 02-21-2003, 12:58 AM
bobbdd

Default Even on a good day

These park flyers will not climb like a glow powered plane.I had a Moth and it was a lot of fun,but it flies very scale and if you pull the nose up,it will lose airspeed at a very fast rate.Flying these things will bring you back scale reality.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:02 AM
bobbdd

Default These planes just don't climb like glow fuel

I had a Moth and it was a lot of fun,but it just slowed to a stop,when ya pulled back on the stick.These planes are what we call scale powered.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:50 AM
WeLaserCut

Default I dunno

My GWS Pico Stik climbs like a homesick angel.
I even have our new float kit on it. The extra weight and drag are not even noticeable.
See the video of it flying in –28 degree weather with NiMh cells. (I keep them in my pocket so they stay warm)

http://www.climateboatworks.com/video/videopage.htm

There must be something not right. How are you charging your batteries?
A lot of people blame the plane when it is the battery pack that is actually the problem. A cheap charger is just that. If you are going to fly electrics, get yourself a good digital charger. It makes all the difference in the world.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:21 AM
bobbdd

Default 959 Brain

I got that MRC brain,and you might be particaly right.I still have not mastered the NiCd.But don't get me wrong I had lots of fun with the Moth,and it could bring itself up,maybe I should get another one,with my later NiCd expierance,and see if it will do better.