Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

TINY front yard flier

Old 01-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Will Sgarlat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TINY front yard flier

Who out there has had success with the Tiny plane designed by Todd Long? I'm not having the proper fun quota with mine...

Weight is 4.4 oz, nicely built (ok it's 0.4 oz heavy)
Power is DC1717 with planetary gearbox (recommended for kit)
Prop is Braun 10-5.5 carbon paddle type
Radio is skyhooks & rigging hybrid 72 (postage stamp) with hitec 50 servos.
batts are (8) 50mAh sanyo nicd (good capacity, tested with cycler)

The plane is marginally powered and will fly around ok if done carefully. It'll loop and roll only if speed is boosted by diving.

From the review in RC Micro Flight, I expected very solid power and to be able to flip it around like a hyperactive pancake.

Is anybody out there having a ball with their Tiny? If so, what equipment are you using?

Thanks!!
Old 01-27-2003, 10:39 PM
bwillhite
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TINY front yard flier

Well, my Tiny is flies great on a GWS I.2V IPS-Twin A Power System using a GWS 11x4.7 prop and a 2-cell 1020mah Li-Poly pack.

It weighs about 7 1/2ozs and will accelerate straight-up with this step. It will also fly slow enough to fly indoors in a small gym.

I haven't flown one with the recommended setup. But it really flies nice with a single or twin GWS IPS-A and a Li-Poly pack.

Later

bwillhite