Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Infinity P-38

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Infinity P-38

My bad, [sm=red_smile.gif]
They are 2" versions. Dubro part #'s 541 and 542
Tower has them, LEX152 for white, LXE153 for black.

Sorry
Old 12-27-2006, 04:09 PM
hawk3ye

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Well almost done with mine. Just have to add the "YIPPEE" decals.
Had to take it out this morning and taxi around the driveway.......Hey it's Christmas,, gotta play with my toys.

I'm impressed to say the least, somebody took their time designing this kit. Every thing fits, foam is really nice, and takes paint easily.
Went with the TP2410-9Y motors, 1000 kv, Hobby Lobby 3 blade 9x7's, Dubro 1 3/4" spinners, TP 30 amp esc's, Hitec 55 servos, Spectrum Rx, and a Thunder Power 3S2100 lipo.

I bored out the spinner back plates to just fit over the prop adapters I used. When the prop cone is bolted up tight is pulls every thing into place.
So hawt

Heyas, a newbie question but stil on topic I hope! I noticed you were using 30 amp ESCs...is this because the props are somewhat aggressive and in combo with the 1000kv motors draw a lot of amps? I read that having more amps is not a bad thing for ESCs but I just wanted to know the above because I was curious....
Old 12-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Glacier Girl

nope. Just had em laying around so I used them. If memory serves me the two motors only pull something like 18 or 19 amps combined. Bigger esc's tend to cool bettter.

Oh and I mounted my esc's under the motors on the wood motor mount, they sit right behind the chin intakes on the cowls so they get plenty of airflow.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:56 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mount mine there as well seems to provide the best air flow
Old 01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
ea01bg

I got a chance to maiden my P-38 It flew great. This thing really has the wow factor With the recommended brushless motors , counter rotating 9x7 3 bladed props and 3s 2100 thunder power batt this thing flew like it was on rails! Loops from level flight where effortless rolls where tight. and it about leaps out of my hand at 2/3 power. The only problem I've had is that without the landing gear the props are causing the motor mounts to break on landing [] The first fight broke the right mount and the second flight broke booth. I'm going to change out the props and go with 2 9X6 slow flier props.
This plane is a ball to fly ( now I have a better idea why GG is sooo addicted to P-38's).

So many plane.. so little time...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49458.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	596395  
Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Glacier Girl

He,He,He, and Horizon has just announced it's version.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:13 PM
ea01bg

GG,
Yea, I saw your post, addict
What paint schema you going with on that one?
If you get a chance I posted a E flight P-47 question on another thead I could use your input on the power system.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 11:47 AM
hawk3ye

heya, did you guys attempt to enable the rudders at all? I got the rudder linkage in case I wanted to experiment with it one day but I noticed that the thing only goes to one rudder - is there a way to link it so that both rudders move? or am I completely speaking out of my bum?

Old 01-16-2007, 12:35 PM
ea01bg

I didnt hook mine up and didnt really look into it.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
hawk3ye

I see...one more quick question...i need an opinion on this...I'm nearing the end of the build but I have a slight issue getting the Spinner+Prop+Adapater combo to fit properly.

I'm usinng GG's 3 blade slow fly props, the 2" Dubro spinners and the EMI recommended brushless motors+adapters

The Dubro spinners fit like a glove on the motor shaft+EMI adapter as does the prop with very little play; however the kicker is that the little nut that goes in front of the whole shebang to squish everything in has little thread to screw onto...essentially the order on the shaft of the motor is Proper adapter, Spinner backplate, then prop, then washer and lastly the nut at the front.

I know, I need a picture to describe the whole thing, sorry I'm at work atm

Question, I noticed that GG said he shaved the backplate of the Dubro spinner - which I guess is fine but I was thinking, if I shaved/dremeled the nack plate wouldn't I have a higher chance of not doing this evenly and therefore make the whole assembly wobble?

I was thinking if i dremeled or shaved the little assembly that holds the 3 blade prop fins together, that this would cut down the possibility of make the whole assembly uneven, you guys think this would be okay?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Glacier Girl

I think I understand what you're saying, not enough threads on the prop adapter shaft for the nut to get a good bite. Now you know why I did it my way. Actually I just used a drill press to drill out the backs of the spinner plates, just big enough to barely slip over the prop adapters. Easy way to make sure the hole you drill is centered. Find a drill bit that's a tight fit in the unmodified hole. Chuck it in the drill press and center the back plate with it. Lock down the back plate and swap out to the size bit you need to clear the prop adapter. Drill away, the back plate is centered on the drill center so you should have no problem. Mine spins up fine and no vibrations that I can discern.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Glacier Girl

Here like this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58092.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	599660  
Old 02-03-2007, 04:35 AM
hawk3ye

I finally worked out a couple noobie kinks...and took this puppy out late this evening...

wow.

my CG was a little nose heavy and i expected nose stalls but this plane is very smooth and didnt allow me to stall once.

At WoT it simply hauls ass too lol! Time for some paint and nose art!