Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Firebird Flap Line Repair - Help needed

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Firebird Flap Line Repair - Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Monsterchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird Flap Line Repair - Help needed

All right, I am a newbie. Have just finished my 10th flight and had a pretty annoying crash with my Firebird Commander II. It got stuck pretty high up in the branches of a tree. After lots of shaking and many a tennis ball the thing finally came down. On it's way down however the entire tail of the plane came off and with it one of the two tail flap control lines ripped and subsequently disappeared into the tail. Thus now I can only see one line.

Now I have repaired the tail with glue, duct tape etc and it looks pretty solid. My question is, how on earth do I get the control line out of the tail? Is it possible?

Help greatly appreciated!

All the best,

MC

Old 12-28-2006, 01:50 PM
AJ1202

Default RE: Firebird Flap Line Repair - Help needed

MC, what you are going to have to do is get yourself some fishing line, around 8 lb test and insert it in tailboom and push it toward the front. if you got lucky and didn't break the original line you can simply glue the 2 together and pull it back out, of course you have to pull the loose one to the front to do this. Now if it broke you will have to remove the electronic board and CAREFULY pull it out the front and tie the new line where the original one is now, then put it back and hook it all back up
Good Luck, it can be done, it's just a bit trying and tight work space
Old 12-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Monsterchief

Thank you very much AJ. What do you recommend I use to glue to the two lines together?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:54 AM
AJ1202

Just a drop of superglue will do the trick, you just need it so you can pull the original line back out, try to glue them butt end if you can, the hole in the fuse is very tight so don't glob it on