Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Tigermoth fun

Old 01-29-2003, 03:35 AM
jcoggins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tigermoth fun

I just had one of the most fun flights of my R/C life! I am on a business trip to Valencia, CA (near LA) and brought my Tigermoth with me. I found a local park and flew from a deserted baseball field. The weather down here is great! I'm not sure what the "high" was today, but it was definitely T-shirt weather. I flew figure eights with me being at the crossover point. Once, my Moth flew underneath my transmitter antenna! I did about 8-10 touch and go's on the smooth infield with realistic takeoffs using just enough power to get airborne. About half of the flight was at about waist level just carving up the air. A few times as the plane flew by, I could feel the propwash. In the past, I never imagined that it would be possible to fly most of a model airplane flight looking down at the plane. There was absolutely no wind and I got treated to a beautiful sunset. My battery lasts about 30 minutes, which was about right because by the time the battery started to lose power it was getting hard to see my plane. All I can say, is that I am one happy camper right now!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 05:11 AM
BillK

Default Re: Tigermoth fun

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jcoggins
I'm in Phoenix and we're having weather in the high 70s. Usually a couple mile an hour breeze. Perfect park flyer weather. As a bonus I drove by the park by my house tonight and both softball diamonds were fully lit. Had the park to myself with 0 wind and full light... ahhhh
Old 01-29-2003, 03:42 PM
goofup

Default Tigermoth fun

You have NO idea how jealous I am right now….
Old 01-29-2003, 03:53 PM
BillK

Default Tigermoth fun

Although in a few months it's going to be 110+ out everyday and park flying will not be a lot of fun hehe. I'll have to get some light kits so I can fly at night when it's only 105 out.