Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Mustang Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 04:48 AM
Zerobomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Mustang Mods?

I was wondering if there were any mod's that you guys have done. I was thinking about upgradeing my GWS Mustang to haveing flaps alerons rutter and elevater.

Would this be to much weight?

thanks
Old 01-30-2003, 06:33 AM
tomlescal

Default p-51 mods

dear bomber, i have a p-51 just finished with gws naro flight pack and 9.6 1100 mah ,foam wheels. i got rid of the steerable wheel and put dowels all the way through to hold the wing. my cg is on the wood spar. think i need to weight the nose. i also used great planes hinges instead of peice of paper.5 min. epoxy and gws glue in a syringe works great for getting glue inside places. weighs 20.5 ounces hope it flies as good as it looks.t6xa radio to mix should fly real nice, only if i can. slow stik rocks wish i could afford a brushless.thinking about pen cam.you wanna buy a t-maxx? tom
Old 01-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Default GWS Mustang Mods?

fwiw GWS Zero with Flaperon and retracts flies with no problems with the added weight (Dual Pico servo for Flaps, Naro for the rest) other than a little hotter landing - which is offset by the fact that you can slow it down much more with flaps deployed. Haven't done it to my P-51 yet as I'm waiting for more servos.

Best mod imo is to advance the timing of the stock motor - it will make a day & night difference! (eg, on 8 cell NimH pack, you can cruise around and do basic acro stuff at a little above 1/2 throttle, ROG/acro on 6 cell nicad is much easier). Quick method of timing motor:

* Look at the back of the motor, there are 4 tabs holding the back plate down.

* Pry open a little 3 of the tabs with a small wire cutter.

* There are 2 holes either side of the axis hole - I use a small split ring pliers to notch in and rotate.

* Hold motor and GB in hand, no prop.

* Plug in a 4 to 6 cell pack, hear the motor run.

* See the red dot on the back plate to the left of one of the tabs? Rotate the backplate clockwise; as you do you will hear the rpm go up. Rotate untill equal distance away from the tab or a little more - total about 1/4" to 1/2" clockwise from original position.

* If you have a amp meter hooked up, you can adjust by current also.

That's it! Enjoy the extra power! (only downside is shortened motor lifespan if you're WOT all the time).
Old 02-02-2003, 02:21 AM
Zerobomber

Default T-Maxx

Isn't that a remote controled truck? I'm interested but how much are you looking for? is it gas, or electric? does it come with radio?

please email me at [email protected]