Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:00 PM
BendR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Hey Badius Boys! Hope all is well. "Vacation" is over. Packing tonight and getting on a plane tomorrow morning. Man, this is the part that I hate. I see I have lots of catching up to do. Got some done the other night and this evening but I'm whooped! See y'all in a few days!
OH,,..I actually went to a LHS today. It was rather strange to be able to pick up and really look at stuff before I bought it.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Stingray69

Scott.

It is good on your bats to not have gone below 11volts (no load). I always aim to do that. If you timed your flight you probably could have flown another minute or two and still been in good shape.

Gary,

Have a safe trip and shoot some CVS vid soon.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:03 PM
ktaylor

ok, this is cool,
Old 03-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Mike,

I am flying my Extreme Flight Yak using an AXI 2820/10. I think it is a 1100kv motor. My Yak is 42 ounces, or 2 lbs 6 ounces. With a 13x6.5 I am pulling 42 amps. This gives me approx. 450 watts. This is plenty of power and hover pull out, but I wouldn't want any less. If the sebart pulls 35 amps or 380 watts at a wieght heavier than my Yak, I would be concerned that I would not have enough power for 3D. I assume your hacker is a lower KV, and is able to swing a bigger prop. I am sure this helps increase the level of thrust, but are you able to pul out of a hover at 2/3 throttle?

Fern,

Glad to hear your battery didn't freeze and you are able to salvage the plane and lipo.

BendR,
Safe travels and I hope you had a good time while you were back in the states.

All,

I pm'd DJ a while back and never heard from him. It has been almost a month since he has posted. Anyone heard from our St. Louis Badius Boy.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 AM
nyflyer56

GG,
I could use a few of those. What are they from?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

i couldn't go flying today alas as it has rained all day [:@] but it's forcast to be sunny tomorrow. [&:] trying to order the falcon and twin super hornet from x flight, but their checkout doesn't work with the new version of IE so i've got to wait for their reply to my email. no new planes arrived today [>:]
Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 AM
AJ1202

Export, man, good job on the save

Brent, that is just amazing [X(]

I haven't made any repairs yet so I may get a couple pics of the carnage of the ultimate the ME was not realy hurt bad just broke the tail and pulled the wing mount loose, I have removed the tronics as I am going to fix it up real nice and it is going to get a new home, it's just too small and requires a better flyer than myself to handle, same goes for the P-51 not too small just needs a better pilot . I think I'm going to use the ES as a mark that it will be my smallest plane besides the ultimate, but with the ultimate if I don't fly it in the wind I can keep it close with no problem. the old eyes just can't handle orientation on smaller planes anymore [&o]
Old 03-22-2007, 06:02 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Adam G

Mike,

I am flying my Extreme Flight Yak using an AXI 2820/10. I think it is a 1100kv motor. My Yak is 42 ounces, or 2 lbs 6 ounces. With a 13x6.5 I am pulling 42 amps. This gives me approx. 450 watts. This is plenty of power and hover pull out, but I wouldn't want any less. If the sebart pulls 35 amps or 380 watts at a wieght heavier than my Yak, I would be concerned that I would not have enough power for 3D. I assume your hacker is a lower KV, and is able to swing a bigger prop. I am sure this helps increase the level of thrust, but are you able to pul out of a hover at 2/3 throttle?
Adam

Is that 42onz with the battery? Have a look at Sebastiano Silvestri flying the Kantana on the same set up: http://www.sebastianosilvestri.it/Video/Katana%2030.wmv and also : http://www.garganovolo.com/video/katana_S30.wmv More than enough the Hacker is 800Kv and I hate to say it but more efficient than the AXI which are getting a bit out of date with the speed that electrics move forward.
Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 06:06 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE
Tim

Fond motors!
Tim

You must do something about that nose weight you must be loosing performace, try re-trimming.

Mike
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:28 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

The newest problem with that rx is that although I have voltage at the motor connectors, the right motor won't turn. Made mad enough to go out and fly in the wind. At which time I broke another plane. That one is a 5 minute fix. That quenched my flight desire for the day. Lit the grill and cooked dinner. Then mythbusters.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:14 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: Loubud

GG,
Nice save on the body parts. Darned Fubs. Always something. OH. Spectrum has modules out now for other brands that have a module setup. Check Spectrum's home page for info. Also, it seems that any range problems have been overcome with the Spectrum 7. Use 2 RX's and range is as good as any FM RX. I don't remember all the details but sure looks like the TX of the future or at least the band-with it uses.
The only trouble that has been experienced with the Spektrum DX7's range is when using it with a 6000 Rx no one has reported reduced range on the dedicated 7 ch receiver, the people using two Rx's are the same people that use match boxes, regulators and all that paraphanalier that An*L Retentives tend to use in the hope it will look good and make them feel superior to those who don't. They are not neccesary IMO and I don't use any of them in even my petrol models.

Mike
To All

To update on the limited range of the 6000 and 6100 Spektrum, it seems it was happening to people with electric planes running 4 or more servos off a BEC, some of them just did not understand what the limit was. As soon as a seperate battery or BEC was installed the problem went away on at least four of the posts I saw. Just for your information Chaps.

Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
BaldEagel

Now that's what I like to see only one other post in five and a half hours, I am going skiing next week if we can keep the posting down to the same level it won't take me a week to catch up with all you guys, unless of course you are all ignoring me and have started another thread elsewhere and I am talking to myself [sm=crying.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif] This paranoia is getting me down [sm=pirate.gif] I am going for an early G & T so there.

MIke
Old 03-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Loubud

Hi Mike,
Nothing new just wanted you to know that only 3/4 of the Boys ignore you. Well, maybe only half. Can't have an old codger like yourself running around in self pitty all day.
Off to pack stuff.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Stingray69

Lou,

I think we ought to tell Mike about the other forum when he gets back from skiing.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Loubud

Sray,
I haven't been there so I'm not real sure it's a good one for Mike. What would be good for him is to have Hazy send him some of the pretty new pills he's got. He'd become a paranoid that didn't care.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
five-string

Lou,

But if you don't care, how can you be paranoid? Sort of an oxymoron, don'tcha think?

Who/what uses 36 mhz radio equipment? I have a rx to get rid of.

Had a most excellent flying outing this morning for abour 3 hours. Wow!

Stryker was put through the wringer 3 batteries long and never once thought about ejecting it's pilot lipo. Gotta love velcro straps.

The Badius, oh my sweet Badius! By far the best flying plane I've owned yet. Next outing, I am taking my lawn chair, the kind that come with the attached footstool, and kicking back for some long, soothing flying. I ran four batteries through it, soared with some buzzards and chased some pesky wrens away. I sent the cvs camera up with it one time. I got some real nice altitude but the rear facing lens was in the prop wash too much and the video looks a lot like that one acid trip I took in 1982....

I have a small delta flat wing I built a few months ago with steering landing gear on it I tried today. I tossed it in the air because I already know the prop picks up little stones and that's not good. It flew really well and landed on all three wheels. I will save it for some paved runway to try ROG.

The SS isn't cutting it with the Ken-rewound 400XT. Just not enough power to climb as well as I want, so I took it off and installed an EMAX 2822 motor I got from Ebay. It did well on the Reflection so I'm hoping it will make the SS climb better so I can get some higher alt videos.

What a great day flying. Not a single repair needed. Then when I got home, the mailman tooted his horn in the driveway. That means one thing.....Hong Kong shipment!! Yay! More goodies from UH! Two more batteries, two rx, two inrunners (2900 kv) and a couple odds and ends.

What a day!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Loubud

5String,
I thought you like oxycotton. Um, oxymoron. Sounds like a good time flying. I once saw in a catalog a lounge chair with a swivel base. Would have got it cept for the hunnerd dollar price tag. A perfect flying chair.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
ktaylor

Mark, bummer on the 400xt not having the power you need. [] Well, at that point I was in my early stages of learning to rewind. I can give it another try if you want.

Speaking of rewinds, Brad, have you tried the Blue outrunner that I rewound for you yet?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Airbourne in Japan

well it's supposed to be sunny today and i want to go flying. 5.30am and it was a bit of snow and rain and below freezing, but it's clearing up now. ordered my two planes from x-flight, the twin super hornet and the falcon. yum yum. actually the real reason why i buy so much stuff on the internet is as i don't have any friends, it's the only way i get to receive any emails hahaha. i even read my junk emails anyway, if i can go flying today, which is looking more likely, i want to take the formosa 2 (first flight this year), gws tiger moth (only 2 flights last year) tt september fury (1 flight so far), maybe try the rare bear and ultrafly hawk pusher again, formosa 1 250 watts and either the firebird or the fantom d/f. should be FUN [>:]
Old 03-22-2007, 05:28 PM
export!

Doug - do you have the big TigerMoth? How does it fly? Can it handle *any* wind?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Scott, yes i have the big TM, but it's not particularly big. i've only flown it twice so far, on the same day when it wasn't particularly windy, so i don't know about that, but it would be good if it could fly in a 10mph wind like the other gws planes.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:38 PM
afineman

OOHH Mark

Were you a Yellow Sunshine kind of guy, or maybe a blotter kind of guy, OR maybe you were a micro dot guy.

For me I LOVED those little yellow barrels, I just didn't like the speed like crash about 10 hours later.

When we meet up at Brads we can talk about things we've seen, I have a GREAT story of me watching a Carrol Brunette show with the cast of the first Planet of the Apes on stage in full costume, WOW now that was over 30 years ago. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Brent
Old 03-22-2007, 06:14 PM
gunfighterII

All,
My flying buddy just sent me an e-mail and want's me to test fly his GP 1/3 scale Pitts, with the Zenoah G-62. Oh My!! I think I'm going to be nervous for this one. [sm=greedy.gif][sm=greedy.gif][sm=greedy.gif][sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 03-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Loubud

GF2,
Bout time you got that pucker power going again. After you take off, have a chair handy so your pal won't see your knees shaking.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Stingray69

and don't say the "I got it" word if.... well....you know.

You'll do fine. Have a screwdriver first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.