Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:20 PM
afineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

All

It's funny I sit here and I read ( this is not a B_I_T_C_H post) , I read MANY things in to the words typed here.

Reading between the lines is NOT one of my skill ( I'm kinda a Black and White kinda guy).

BUT I know I need to to say "Thanks" to Tim ( for the scenterity) and I also need d-leet to PM me his Addy (Adress) I will supply you with what U need.

OOHH and Sray you should be SHOT for posting those deals.

Hee Hee Hee

Brent
Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
d-leet

Brent, I'm in good shape. I seriously don't have the time to dedicate to more than the occasional AB flight or two until the semester's over -- one project is wrapping up, but there's another I haven't started yet along with two term papers. It'll be a busy month, but as soon as May comes I'm hitting the ground running. Er, flying I guess

Besides, you have my address already, you hooked me up with some antennas a couple of weeks ago (thanks again) [8D]

Tim, the stir sticks are in, 3.25" fits perfectly. Now it says to use 'soft glue', does that refer to a hot glue gun?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:43 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Yes that would be my way of not burning kids. I use the hot glue gun on high. Pull a bead around the straw. Et,c.

Brent, is being honest about my inability to fly the ss being sincere?

I don't know if that is a compliment, a statement of fact, or what.

Tim
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

weather forcast for today is rain wind 20-30mph. after yesterday's dissapointing trip to the flying field, i was eagerly watching the weather and at 9am, when i take the kids to their day centers, it started to rain and was looking like it was gonna be windy. damm i thought, i'd rather fly than do the stryker. anyway the rain was only a little and it had stopped by the time i got home. i loaded 5 planes and then added another for good measure. at the flying field it was really overcast and wind was about 8mph, so i could fly. 2 flights on the f27, the 2100 4s hyperion bat cut out pretty soon after launch, but i could run it at 3/4 throttle ok. this was the last flight of the day and my best ever landing with the stryker. the ultrafly p40 is really slow into wind and rolls are agonisingly slow despite having quite big ailerons, but the elevator is very sensitive. it loops really tightly, which is lucky because twice i lost orientation and found i was looping it pretty low to the ground. the first plane i flew was the p47 eflight foamy and i put my 2200 3s in it, forgetting i was gonna use that for the formosa 250 watt. anyway i had a good flight with it but when it came to the formosa, i suddenly realized what i had done. luckily my 2500 3s fits as well and it launched ok, so i had a good flight with it. the wing and tailplane colour scheme works well, gold top and maroon underneath and i'm gonna use this on many planes. the old pc9 was a bit difficult to see in the overcast being white, but the red wing tips really help. i was a bit tired, so i didn't do anything advenerous with it today and it was difficult to see, but i had a good flight but came in a little nose heavy and broke the motor mount. also the elevator servo is loose, so i must re do that with double sided tape. the gws zero launched ok today and i had my usual great fun with that. by the end wind had dropped off to nothing so it would have been a good day for maidens. i was just thinking it would be nice if the post office were at my house delivering something ( a plane, right ) as i got close to home and low and behold a bike pulls up with a plane box sticking out of the topbox - my f16 from taiwan. yippee. now i just want my shares to go back up the $4000 they went down yesterday [:@][:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99307.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	650926  
five-string

Ok, Dan and Ray. Sorry about the delayed response. AJ was yaking endlessly. Would not shut up. I couldn't get a word in edgewise...Hee hee.

A couple things:

1. Ray will definitely try to take you out while airborn, Dean's or no dean's.

2. I have the 2410-9 on my Badius with a 9x6 APC and it is WONDERFUL!

3. I have the 2408-21 on my Stryker and it flies pretty well, not ballastic, with a 6.5x5 APC prop.

Dan, you flew my Stryker. That's the motor you ordered running on a 1700mA 3 cell.

Here's some pictures of my home made mount using a water bottle cap as a 'cowl' between the motor bell and Badius nose. I put a circle of plywood (with a little hot glue on the back) inside the fuse and ran three screws through the motor mount base, through the bottle cap, and into the plywood. So far, so good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59984.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	650927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69004.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	650928  
Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Airbourne in Japan

now the winds got up. i was lucky this morning. waiting for the rain now. hey Dan, i use a tp 2100 3s in my badius, you have to cut the bottom of the servo tray to slide in longer batteries
Old 03-26-2007, 11:26 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Brent, I appreciate you compliment on my sincerity. I guess all I want to do get the silly plane to fly. My cermark battery was/is out of balance. It took over an hour to discharge on the triton jr and is just now getting close to having a balanced charge. It has been charging for just over an hour. I will say that I'm a bit confused. Why would anyone be insincere about the desire to fly a plane? Moderate bragging is expected, but if you are having a problem, and these are the people you need to ask for help, why would anything help if you weren't being straight up honest? I guess I don't understand posturing, I'll just be Tim(fern), and figure life out from there.

BTW, thanks for all the help guys.

Have fun, Read you tomorrow,

Tim
Old 03-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Airbourne in Japan

hi Gary, got over the jetlag yet ? took me a couple of days plus several beers hahaha[:@] hey Tim, i admire you for flying those tiny aces, they take a lot of gumption to fly them in any kind of wind. mine was a one off flight, should be somewere over Siberia now. hope you had a good sleep. i've decided i need to get the new precision aerobatice katana md, it's a good size at 1150 wingspan. i think i'll build my ritewings tl 50" wing sooner rather than later for windy flying. also i was gonna get my shed built next summer, but i realize now i need it before next winter, i.e. this summer. gotta talk my wife into ok-ing it. supposed to be raining tomorrow and i'm busy from 3.30pm, so i don't know if i can go flying, i hope so.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:10 AM
BendR

Hi doug! Jet lag didn't hit me as bad this trip. I managed to stay awake during the days and sleep a bit at night. Still groggy in the afternoons but no biggie. Rain and nasty here as well. Maybe I'll get some motivation today to get into the hobby room and play with some of the new goodies but for now I'm still on my first cup of coffee.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:23 AM
AJ1202

Lou, sorry I missed you, was meeting up with String and yaking endlessly

SRay, thank you package delivered succesfully good thing too as I went to check on status last night and now UH has moved date to 4/14 for getting glue in stock [:@]

On the motors I am using a 2410-09 on my ultimate with a 1350 3S and spinnning a 12X6 prop
just thought I would throw that in

GG glad you got the Magister back with minimal damage,,,, so your saying all the LG on the blitz is retractable, now that's auwsome,, were gonna need to talk when I start the big one
Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Doug, no the Blitz, hasn't even been put together yet, I just figured I would put landing gear on it so it wouldn't have to belly land. One thing led to another, you know, ok gear, no no retractable gear, oh, oh add nose steering, oh oh oh need to cover up the holes for the gear openings. And so on and so on. Will just add to the carnage and make it more spectacular when I prang it.

Tim if the birds are pulling down and to the right can you try adjusting the thrust angles on the motors to compensate for it? Like on the bigger stuff, down and right thrust is added to compensate tor motor/prop torque issues. I'm guessing here but if the motors are spinning the opposite from norm, you may need to go opposite on the adjustments also.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 AM
nyflyer56

5 String,
Nipple Songs?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Mark;

So, you took those pics at 70MPH on the highway ??[X(]

What battery are you using? I have upgraded my Badius to a 400T, and it flies beautifully (lands bad, but then - that ME )

I have not had any stick time for sooo long (almost 2 months) that I fear I am gonna have to start over.....lost any meager skill I once had Wanna come down and fly sometime? What is your schedule now? They have re-planted the sod farm across the road, so we have 300+ acres of manacured "lawn" to crash into.... let me know.

Brad: Glad you got the plane back.

Terry
Old 03-27-2007, 08:57 AM
afineman

Phil

You beat me to the to the question

I too was wondering JUST what a "Nipple Song" was , when I get hone tonight, I'll have to find it and add it to one of my future shows.

Tim it was a compliment.

Brad

Is there internet access near the new field? maybe something with first month FREE/TRIAL (see where I'm going here), I was thinking a couple of live webcams for those who can't be there, and maybe a website for the field on one of those FREE hosts.

Just a thought

Brent
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Stingray69

OOHH and Sray you should be SHOT for posting those deals.
I will swear to all of you. If I'm in the dog house. I'm bringing as many of you with as possible.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Glacier Girl

Yeah Mark, I was wondering about those in truck photos myself.
Just the thought of you breezing along at 70+, one hand holding the airplane, one holding the camera, typing with one foot, and steering with a knee really helps with my fears of truckers.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 AM
afineman

HHHMMM

Leaves me asking myself even more about Mark http://hometown.aol.com/lobstrlady2/

[X(]
Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

How does one impersonate a lobster? In Mark's case, he appears to have the speedo pegged. I wish Mike Waltrip could drive that fast. Tim
Old 03-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Airbourne in Japan

hobby lobby are doing 20% off one item for a limited time in their march madness sale
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Stingray69

Oooooh......... THanks Doug,

Got a 400xt for $14.xx w/2.99 shipping.

ruf ruf ruf (another day in the doghouse)
Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Stingray69

1 minute time out for bad mouthing Mark.

He suprised me yesterday by handing over to me his 3D Reflection bi-plane. Thanks again Mark!!!!! XT is for it.

Ok. let the Mark bashing continue.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
afineman

SRay

We're not bashing, just having a little

Brent
Old 03-27-2007, 11:17 AM
export!

Whew - finally caught up. This damn forum will now have to figure into my travel plans - "hmmm... can I really afford to get that far behind ??"

Brent! Dude! You need a blowoff tube! That fermentation was crazy. Did you have to do anything to control the temp, I imagine that it was producing some pretty good heat. I really hope I get to try some of that. Thank goodness you don't ferment that brew in a glass carboy because that would be a glass bomb for sure.

I know for sure there is one guy here who will appreciate/ covet where I was the last four days. Judging from some of your comments that would be you Fern I was at a certain track in Tennessee watching that little puke pull out a win. What an amazing spectacle that race is.

5-S, I took a picture just for you - I have to wait for my buddy to send it over as it was his camera.

And I really want to see some more video of that P-38.

Oh - guys that are having trouble with TX servo movement - PM me. I fully tuned/calibrated my TX and life is much better now.

Scott
Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 AM
export!

Oh ya - LOL

I got really drunk on some Georgia moonshine. I got talked into using a torch and blowing a fireball out of my mouth like a circus carnie. My buddy has it on video. I'll post it here. Any of you that don't think I'm a complete i-dot already will be quickly converted.

Scott
Old 03-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Glacier Girl

At least it wasn't Gordon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.