Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
five-string

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Ray, streamers? Not hardly fair with your turning/loop radius of 8" I have an idea who would win. I would like to try a combat session some time with a different plane.

Ken ,feel free to razz anytime. I do.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:24 PM
afineman

OOHH OOHH

Nipple song video? Hee Hee Hee

That will be ME [X(], I am trying to find the song NOW (Mark you asked for it Hee Hee Hee).

Once I get it (and hear it), I'll make the appropriate video

Brent
Old 03-27-2007, 09:38 PM
d-leet

Yes, yes... I love it when a plan comes together!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98052.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	651603  
Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 PM
afineman

All

OK then. I give UP

Brent
Old 03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
knighteyes0425

Ferndale Air Force

Saw a while back that you were having a bear of a time getting your SS to fly well.Same here,I gave up on it.My SS was way too control sensitive and stalled at the slightest provocation.For a while I thought I was single handedly keeping GWS in the slow flyer prop business-I destroyed dozens of them.I switched to a Park Pilot and it flew well almost every time.I'll probably try the SS again but I wasn't too thrilled the first run,hope #2 is better.What did you do to yours to get it right?

Knighteyes0425[8D]
Old 03-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

another day of forcast rain. got to the flying field and it was pretty sunny in between the cululii, wind 8mph ending at about 12mph. 8 planes, 3 to maiden, the 1.2m tucano (wooden) with the jeti 30-3 inrunner and a gws 12x6, 3rd attempt at the rare bear tt foamy and pz fw190 with a brushed motor. i flew the fantom d/f first because i don't know how this will handle in a stronger wind as it's kinda twitchy, but it's nearly as big as the stryker, so with some more flights i may be more adventerous. anyway it dropped on launching and actually did a touch and go, but i got it in the air and had an excellent flight with it. gws mustang, i ended up flying this twice. it's a really nice plane and flies well in 12mph wind, so it puts it in the same class as my other gws planes except the spit, which is too twitchy. i really like this plane now. then the pz fw190. using an 1800 3s, it power checked ok, but when i came to launch it, the motor cut and wouldn't spin. tried connecting the bat a few times, but it just wouldn't go, so i put it away. have to check it out. then the rare bear, this time with a hacker a20-20l 140 watt motor instead of the himax 200 watt and a bit more lead in the nose. this has crashed twice so far on launching. this time it didn't go straight up so much, but spun round and smacked nose first, breaking the fus for the last time. i give up with this. shame as the wing is lovely and still ok. then the maiden of the big beasty, the tucano. it launched really well and seemed a bit tail heavy as it climed really high before i could trim it out. anyway i got it under control and had a good flight with it until the bat cut out and i made a good landing with it. however, the bat was swollen on one cell and i thought ****, this is my nice new 2500 3s hyperion, why did it do that ? and then i realized i'd put my 2100 4s in. it flew really well on 4s, but perhaps that's why it was climbing so much. anyway i'm gonna try Ken's trick and have put the bat in the freezer. i got to use my new uh lipo sack to transport it home anyway. the formosa 250 watt was excellent as usual. i was gonna have another flight with it as i had the 2500 3s spare, but the motor kept cutting out on power check. hope it's ok. finished up with the f27, excellent flight as usual. got home and one of my banana clips for one of my chargers has come unsoldered, so i'm gonna have to do all my other soldering jobs after lunch. got an email from gws and they have just brought out a t6 texan, so i'm gonna get that, hopefully another good windy plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71196.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	651638  
Old 03-27-2007, 11:15 PM
export!

Sounds pretty successful Doug. As soon as I spotted Rare Bear in the text I was wondering.... I guess it's cursed eh? Do you have a link anywhere for the new GWS plane? I can't find it in the usual places - is that part of the earlybird program right now?

Scott
Old 03-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hi Scott, yes it's the early bird program, wing is 1m and fus is 730mm long. check out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...58#post7170661 for pics. hey Tim, why did you think i was being fascetious ? i am rarely that, i usually say what i think. hey Brent, that's an interesting point about swasticker and one i posted about before. i noticed that the pz fw190 doesn't come with any and that's from an American company, so politically correct although not historically accurate, were as Taiwain's gws has no foibles about including swastickers with their ww2
German planes. westerners are really touchy about stuff like this sometimes, were as Asians don't really care for the past, they live in the here and now. this took me a long time to come to terms with when i first came to Japan. incidentally, both Korea and Taiwan were subject to Japan's brutal colonialization for about 50 years before the war, not to mention the suffering China experienced at the hands of the Japanese
Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Knighteyes, I'm not ready to give up yet. I'll look at the park pilot though. I think my problem is that I have tweaked out aero aces. Depending on the weather they will run around 35mph. To add insult to injury, I spent this evening setting up an ace that should go close to 40 mph. Bad Timmy, but I couldn't resist. Tim

Doug, I didn't think anyone over 30 had not heard KISS'S music. I don't want to go back but I think that was rock and roll all night. Tim
Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
d-leet

You'd be surprised, Tim. I'm 24, and instantly recognized "All Along the Watchtower" when it was featured on a TV series this weekend. My 40-something boss watching the same thing didn't recognize it at all, Dylan OR Hendrix -- "I don't listen to much of that stuff" he said. [:-]

But to be fair, I'm quite out of touch with what people my age call "music", so I guess it all balances out in the end.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Tim ,i was talking about the music on Mark's badius video
Old 03-28-2007, 12:22 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Sorry Doug, I thought you were refering to Exports flame throwing. Dan, the fact that the chili peppers is the hot rock band now demonstrates the problem. Most hippity hop "music" is derivative and boring. That is my opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Tim
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 AM
Airbourne in Japan

well i finally got my wattmeter ready to use and here are some results on my planes using 3s 20c bats

tucano 1.2m jeti 30-3 gws 12x8 480 watts 45 amps (i don't know how the 2100 4s bat didn't explode today)

formosa 1 himax 2025-5300 4.4 gearing apc 7x9 235 watts 24 amps

formosa 1 himax 250 watt outrunner apc 7x9 225 watts 21 amps

formosa 2 hacker a30-10l gws 11x7. wouldn't run with my 3s bat, over 600 watts on 4s

pc9 het-rc 3 turn graupner cam 5.3x4.3 290 watts 30 amps

pc9 himax 2816-1220 outrunner apc 7x9 196 watts 18 amps

corsair himax 2025-5300 5.3 gearing gws 9x5 180 watts 16 amps

gee this thing is fun and useful
Old 03-28-2007, 06:53 AM
ktaylor

Brent, as far as the stickers on the badius, what if he had put British roundels on it instead? It would still be a non warbird with warbird emblems on it. Emblems of war & not peace. Who cares. They're just stickers, and I really doubt that Mark means anything by it. The swastika symbolizes much more than what the Nazis planned. The swastika existed as a symbol of good fortune thousands of years before the Nazis even existed.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Stingray69

Mark meant no harm and wouldn't hurt anyones feelings intentionally. When I saw it Monday, he said he was in a decal drought and put them on since that's all he had. Mark, put some Telly Tubbby decals on it and let's move on.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 AM
ktaylor

Ray, I think he should goto wally world & get some winney the pooh stickers. It's a yellow badius, the colors would match.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:50 AM
export!

Speaking of music, have you guys heard the remake of Love Reign O'er Me (originally by the Who) by Pearl Jam? Wow. Eddie Vedder just whales it out and the instrumental is very good. The arrangement is very true to the original.

Scott
Old 03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
five-string

Hmm, Winnie the Pooh....interesting. What is a "Pooh", anyway? Never mind. Don't answer that.

I have decided to remove the emblems from the Badius. And, believe me, not because of Brent's demand. But because of the potential for someone to misread my intentions. Right, Ken. They are just stickers.

I will also remove the video showing them. And immediately (asap) film a new, more exciting "Win-cipiter Pooh-dius" video.

Thanks, friends, for the support. It's a great feeling knowing your back is covered, especially when it's as hairy as mine.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Mark;

If you need extra lift on the "Pooh-dias" just cover the wings with honey to attract bees

It is gonna be fun to ask Mark how the flying Pooh is
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
five-string

TE, HAHAHA, Bees, very clever.

So, if the prop gets into the wing or fuse, can I say that pooh hit the fan?

Most people already know that truck drivers are full of pooh, sling lots of pooh, haul pooh everywhere and can talk pooh all day long, so I think the graphics are a definite "GO".

Next trip to Wally World.[8D]
Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Mark;

It is sure to be Poohtiful
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
ktaylor

Holy Pooh, what did I start,,,,,
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Airbourne in Japan

it's interesting having slept on the wattmeter results, i have been just guessing amps and power by what props a setup will run, but now i can actually measure this. this is particularly important with bigger planes, which i will be moving to in the future. it seems like i am overproping both my formosa 2 and tucano with their hacker a30-10l and jeti 30-3, although both have been running ok. with the hacker, i'm gonna try a gws 10x7 instead of the 11x7. it was running to full power, but i guess the bat was brand new. this is a most wonderful new toy. hey Mark, good luck on the new decals, just don't get your badius out at those truck stops, you might not get the lap dancing service any more
Old 03-28-2007, 12:17 PM
CaptainRandy

=================NEWS FLASH==================

Glass Air Sail plane goes down in the Indian River

Indian River Fire Rescue fails to respond.

Well, I finally got to maiden the Glass Air sailplane with the brushless vertical setup.

Holy Quap, I never saw a plane go vertical like this before.

I gave it about 3/4 throttle and it wanted to jump right out of my hands. I was a bit ascaird, but I let it go, and she took off like a Mudflappin Rocket. I'm not kidding, this thing really screams skyward. I had to back off to half throttle just to keep control.
She was a soaring height in seconds. I had my hands full , as I am not used to planes with this much power and speed.

Got her stabilized as well as I could and then just cut power and glided around. That was much better on my nerves.
When she came down to 200 ft or so, I just touched the throttle and she was off vertical again. I don't know how to react to this much power.

After a few up and downs and some harder than normal landings with no damage at all, I go for one more launch.

This time, I managed to get a bit too far down wind and getting over the river. Now I am starting to sweat and also loosing control.

I was fighting hard to get her back to the field, but she was starting to go down in the famous death spiral over the Mudflappin River.

I was thought a couple of times that I was going to save her and get her back to the field, but NOOOO, she went down in the river about 100 ft from the shore.

POOP, I forgot my swim trunks and my fishin pole. She was drifting right side up, and right toward the Indian River Rescue dock.
She passed under the dock and was headed for the Tiki Bar, what a good plane she is. We waited at the Bar for her to drift to the docks, where my partner in crime climbed on board a vessel and retrieved her from the drink.

The Bar was not open or we would have had one or two to celebrate the retrieval.

Some of this was captured on video and I will post it as soon as I can.

Lou, Let me say that, this plane is a bit too fast for me, but I guess I can learn to throttle back.

I have washed all the electronics with fresh water and have it drying out. Later I will see what survived.

The Lipo only reads 5.5volts, so I guess it's toast. I will try to charge it and see what happens.

My buddy flew his SS today for the first time with some success. Needs some tweaking, but all in all a good day with the SS's.

My Corsair is almost flight ready again, still working on the firewall damage from the crash into the Church tent.

I'll try and work on the video that I have for today's events and get them posted, cause you guys need a good laugh

I wanted to call the local newspaper and tell them that I just crashed my plane in the river and the local Fire Rescue Boat, just sat there at the dock while it drifted by.

Later Boys
Old 03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
ktaylor

Randy, I told you so, on the unlimitited vertial power. Hmm, I guess it's a good I told you so though,, sorta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.