Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Old 04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Doug,
Wait for the turbine purchase too. The size and power output is improving as fast as brushless motrs and the price is getting very reasonable. DO NOT BUY A TURBINE just yet. Next year there will be some really mean muthas in a nice small package. I'll find a link on one turbine as an example.

GF2,
My LHS doesn't have Fub crystals but I know they will work in that rx just fine. The inflite that I wanted is on back order. And worse, I got the okie dokie to get it. Figures. I think I got the okie dokie as we got the bill from Cleveland the other day and have full coverage so that was good and also found out the Elaine's bossman is picking up the hotel and flight costs. Now that was fab. So the $3k we had to spend for the flights and hotels and food stuffs are coming back home so I can start to spend some of it. Yahooo! Cleveland Bill for 3 days of Dr. visits and tests was just under $17K. So there ya have it. One cool bossman.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Lou, glad to hear Elaine's boss is so kind hearted. don't worry, i'm not seriously gonna get a turbine for 3-4 years, but i'd really like one. i was very impressed with the twinjet with the micro turbo, there's a thread on it somewhere and that's what i'd like to do. i think the motro with controller and everything was about $2500 and from this guy in Germany. right now, i've just paid myself for this month and the next 4 months so that's why i've been spending some £s on rc stuff. i placed loads of transactions on my UK debit card and half of them got blocked and i had to use my Japanese card for them, so it's left me with about $800 spare in my UK bank account, whihc i'll have no problem in spending. gonna get 5 het-rc typhoon motors soon from rc warbirds in Singapore, who are supposed to be pretty good, but i'll wait till next week when my planes should arrive. ummm, turbine umm turbine[>:]
Old 04-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Loubud

http://www.lambert-modellturbinen.de/index.html

Just for you Doug.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:39 PM
CaptainRandy

Lou,

As you can see, I got this stupid comput thing figured out. I won't explain here, but it's working.

Glad to hear Elaine's boss is such a nice man.

When my dad was working for Grumman Aerospace, he needed a triple bipass.
They flew him out to Mayo clinic for tests, all expenses paid for him and my mom.
He had the operation in NY all expenses paid again.
Then the big wigs came out to our house to see him after the operation, and told my dad to take a year off with full pay.
That's a great boss and great company too.
I know they would not do that for all employees, but they did it for him.

Now that this thing is working again, I will try and get those pics tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hey thanks for the link Lou, that's the one i want to get hahaha
Old 04-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Loubud

Capt,
We usually only hear bad things about companies which is why I posted it. Nice to see Grumman was good also. Only one film place I worked at is like that. A special effects place. Should have stayed there but waay too lng a story for here.

Dougie,
Are you drooling????? The fastes developement in RC power is electric then jet turbines then gassers. Be patient in all 3 areas and when you need something, it'll just be cheaper in cost, not quality. With CNC equipment becoming cheaper, the rest follows. Makes it easier and easier for little companies to experiment on things.
Life in RC land is good.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Brewerpaul

ORIGINAL: Adam G

Mike,

I know I always get a smiley when my wood get's touched!
My wood is known around the world! (see my website)
Old 04-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Loubud

Geez Paul, Now that must be a great woody.

Fern,
We finally got the rain down here from your end of the state. Glad to see it too. Rained all night and might rain more later. Send some more next week.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hey that's funny because when i got up at 4am it was raining too and didn't stop until 10am. ohmygod global warming ???[:'(]
Old 04-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Loubud

No no no,
Glubal Raining. Not the same. And don't say Global anymore. Tee hee
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 PM
ktaylor

No rain here, but if you all get lots of wind tomorrow, will it be Glubal Windiness? Looks like no flying this weekend, lowest daylight wind reading is supposed to be 15 mph. My foamies don't like that and I really don't want to risk Big Red to that since it suffers enough abuse from my flying skills, even if I had it repaired no go. OK, gotta start browsing through motors & stuff, Lou has me on a mission,,,,
Old 04-20-2007, 09:09 PM
ktaylor

Holy fark, 3 days ago U.H. had over 250 of the 3 cell 20c 2200 packs in stock. Last night they had 120 instock. This very moment,, the show a whopping big fat ZERO in stock. Wouldn't you know it, the one day out of the month that I get paid, they are out of stock. I hate back ordering stuff,, just might have to if I ever want to lay my hands on a set of those...
Old 04-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hey Ken, i hope you get some flying done eventually. rc warbirds in Singapore have a better selection of het rc inrunners than warbirds rc and i'm gonna get some more 3w, 3w25 (900 watts) and a 600 watt motor for a larger plane, should be fast, the 600-22 http://www.rc-warbirds.com/index.php/cPath/67_78 . i'm also interested in the medusa afterburner motors, the typhoons are cheaper and the afterburners are comparable in price to the megas. i've got a 28-56-1900 in the protech vortex and it's reasonably fast for quite a big plane. i did buy the 28-40-2200 for it originally, but i decided i made a mistake as that's only 300 watts or so. i'm interested in the 28-32-3400 and 28-40-3400, kv is similar to neu motors, but i don't have any specific planes for them at the moment, except maybe a pc9 speedster seeing as i'm getting a s/g soon http://www.medusaproducts.com/motors/028.htm . however i like having plenty of motors at hand and they all get used up eventually
Old 04-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Ken,

Where do you get your wind reports?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi guys, I took the ss out for a spin without topping up the battery, Bad decision, I figured that since I only got 4 minutes of run time the last time I went out the battery would be ok. I had a twitchy servo from the get go and it only got worse. Said servo was/is on the elevator. I took off with the elevator at about 10 degrees up, that was the servo rest point. Obviosly a bad decision. I wrestled the plane back down, of course breaking a prop. Only one side broke off. Hard landing but not a wipe out. I hung a new prop on the plane, and the battery died. I may have to buy a blinky and use the charger as just a charger, not a balance charger.

A bright spot today was a change in the cg of a little plane. It went from front yard junk to flying at about 250'. The difference was 0.8g. on the nose. Have fun all

Tim
Old 04-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hobby lobby have this twin brushless mixmaster cessna type plane, looks pretty good for $239 and no i'm not buying it. 50" wingspan, it's got el cheapo towerpro motors and escs and comes with a 4ch tx and 2200 3s lipo http://www.hobby-lobby.com/mixmaster.htm interesting.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:42 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Before I wander off to solder fumes, only mick has picked a number today. Tim
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Airbourne in Japan

somebody was asking about weather forcasts with wind http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/JAXX0001.html
Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 PM
mickry

windy weather in this part of the world
Old 04-20-2007, 11:14 PM
RayRay

Louie,

I think I was using the GWS 7x6 with my BP-21 on my Styker. Worked great with that setup. Give it a try.

FERN - We all get our share of DHs [:-] on the threads. Not familiar with the "Ace" thread that you were referring to. Just try to "let it go" and .

Lotto guess: 86
And who is monitering this lotto? SRAY guessed the same number as AJ (82) and AJ guessed the same number as Carl (62). I think we may need an auditor here.
Ken - Your slipping man.

Pappy - Yep, you could say I was "lost in space" for awhile. Still am. How ya doin?
The "Professor" was Pilot Ray's nickname. Remember him? I was wondering if anyone heard from him.

ORIGINAL: Loubud
A general question.
What size prop are you guys using on a BP-21? I'm using an 8X4 on the SS but saw a post somewhere that an 8X6 works too. Enquiring minds thing.
[:-]
Old 04-20-2007, 11:21 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

been off line for 2 days now [:@] Last log on was back on page 265... 7 paged of catching up up!! I must have missed out on Tims Lotto by now...[>:][:@][>:]...Well I 'll got back and read for a bit!!!

Hi Guys!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:05 AM
nyflyer56

Lotto guess for today is 58

Tim,
www.modelaircraft.org is the AMA site. Check it out, join up and Vote For Dave.

Doug,
I believe that your Heli is a Blade Cp clone. I have bent that shaft in mine, and it is available. I think it comes with some other parts that you may or not have to change. Cost was about $9 or $10.

Lou,
Had a club meeting tonite. Herb, Bob and the others you met say hello.

Terry,
I can provide you with vinyl graphics, but don't yet have print on capability. Check my profile folder for some of my designs on my own planes. Also some of the guys here have them, and they were sent out for the "Sticks" hawks.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Well farfignugen, Carl, I was going to tell you to go ahead and give a guess, But................

We Have a Weiner, according to my high tech dry erase board 58 was the winning number. Ken, do you agree? Phil you get a nifty lamp with a 3x lens and a socket for a 75 w bulb. PM me an address you would like it shipped to and Staples will soon send you this device.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:31 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I thought I had something airplanish to say, I lost it in the lotto ending thing. It'll come back to me. Tim
Old 04-21-2007, 12:33 AM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah!!! Congrats for Phil!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.