Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Stingray69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

DAn the software I linked is good for model 200 , 220, 230. Any newer models, I don't have experience with.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
d-leet

Software? What software? I don't see any software here!

Thanks, I'll be sure to post when it's running. But for now it's laundry and stick assembly [8D]
Old 04-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Ok just so everyone knows, I'm selling everything and joining the National Rock,Scissor,Paper competition.

Was in the paper today, ESPN will be televising it, top prize is $50,000.00

I knew I was in the wrong hobby.

HI MIKE
Old 04-23-2007, 04:06 PM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

I'll give you $5 for Glacier Girl

Old 04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Stingray69

Hey Brad. Good question about the smoke detector. I'll let you know the reason as soon as I think of it.

Dan,

here you go. http://sandiego.rchomepage.com/build.html
Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 PM
d-leet

Ray, thanks, great link. I'm heading to Home Depot now to grab some extra materials, but I'm going to see just how much of this I can get knocked out tonight [8D]
Old 04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dan, did the lhs sell you the dubro linkage kit? You want one. Staples has #64 rubber bands. Carl recommended an extra parts tree. I use 8" velcro wire management straps for a second battery retainer. Have fun, Tim
Old 04-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

well i packed my planes in the car (only 6 today) at 7am and now i'm not sure how windy it's gonna be. the morning was ok yesterday, but the afternoon the trees were whooping about. hopefully it'll be ok
Old 04-23-2007, 06:35 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I just maidened a frankenstein ace. Rx and fuse from one plane, wing and motors from another. And I hit the side balance right!. Most of you are thinking, Tim/Fern you fiddle with the innerds of those things all the time. What's the big deal? My last handful of mods required left right balancing, using sewing pins, this one is a screamer from first toss. The wind is crashing the plane pretty quick, but it does not have a dead right pull, which is what has been happening. If the wind dies some I'll try the SS tonight, topping off the battery first.

Tim

I just took the lighted ace for a test flight, just a switch to a bigger battery, 135mah 12-20c vs 100mah 10-12c, and that one flies like new, even with the added weight of 3 leds and resistors and wiring. I'm starting to get a good feeling about that plane. It flew at the OK level before. Of course that is the one that the lipo was large and slightly mushy. [8D][8D]. Tim
Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Stingray69

DAn,

Don't shorten or bend the control wires. I have a pair of easy connectors to give you. (like Fern suggested) You can pick them up at Maitland Field at 8:30 am if you'd like. Or when ever convenient.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Stingray69

If the wind dies some I'll try the SS tonight, topping off the battery first.
Have your neighbor open his garage door and set your trims and have the fire department on standby.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
d-leet

Excellent Ray, thanks. I'll bring my Badius, haven't flown it in weeks.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Loubud

Geez Fern,
I can hardly see my keyboard and you fly these micros around like they were full size aircraft carriers in size. Put a mattress on the garage door.

And now...drum roll...the Eagle Tree Telemetry news.
I called Eagle and talked to 2 different techs. Second one had the answers. I get the main unit and then a few extras as the main recorder/sender has to come out to hook it up to the puter unless you buy an extension chord to leave it in. So just move the recorder and you are almost set. The altimeter and speed sensors can't be purchased separately but the second tech said that after the placement is done on the planes you wish to use this one, a little Velcro to hold the sensors in each plane works fine. So just remove the recorder/sender and the alt and speed sensor and you're set. For five bucks a set, the 2 sensor tubes are removable. So it looks like for 4 planes it'll run approximately a hunnerd per plane when cost is averaged out. I could lower the cost if I moved all of the sensors as it might be pretty simple to do. I could drop about $25 per plane is I swapped the servo sensors from plane to plane. I might try that out on the other sensors that are not included and see how hard it is to do and maybe save some extra bucks. I'll leave the temp sensors in place and when the RPM sensors are off of back order, I'll order them.
Then came the buying spree. Hit Tower for a bunch of props and a couple of tools I've been putting off getting. Perfect as it hit the discount by a mere 90 cents. So I tossed a hunnerd to Tower. Next is was Espirit. They still have a bunch of the JR digital standard size servos at $19 each. Bargain. So I tossed $160 towards them for servos and some more tools. I'm not telling wifey about the Tower or Espirit orders. She'll find out soon enough. After I get her to see the new and improved telemetry cost for 4 planes. Tee hee.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Loubud

Oh, Forgot.
Mac, you will love this stuff. I'll have to rely on Kate to review the telemetry stuff but it won't be long before it's in Loo Loo. I think that when you and Kate see it in person that you two will tell me if it's necessary to get the other sensors to make it all simple.
Yabba Dabba DOOOOOOO
Old 04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
Your spending to much money Just because I said go for it did'nt mean you had to put it in all your planes.

I too, sent some money Tower's way today, I'll take pictures when it arrives.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Loubud

GF2,
Rarely do you post like you did when I said I was looking into it. I figured it must be really cool. Elaine said to have it only in one plane was dumb so there ya go. Gotta keep the womens happy. Besides, I don't think anyone that will be at GG's will have a radar gun. We'll just transfer this from plane to plane and have some real fun. I'd like to see it on GG's Stryker. But the main thing is that most of us have trouble guessing speed and altitude. This should help some of us.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 PM
RayRay

Jay is back in "The House" with good news too. Welcome back Jay.
We all thought that Ploat was a gonner. See GG, it's still alive

Lou, are you ignoring me too? I only thought Kate was ignoring me. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Oh, Congrats to NYflyer on winning the lottery. Thanks again for the lotto Tim.

"Rabbid"

ORIGINAL: icejay55

hey guys whats up it has been a while since i moved here to florida i have been very busy with work i just want apoligize to gg about the ploat its been sitting here in a box ready to be shipped. i spoke to rayray he tells me so of you guys were upset so i appoligize for that

Ktaylor i was told you want it please send me your address so i can send it to you or who ever wants it please let me know

i see i have a lot of reading to do so i will talk to you guys soon
Old 04-23-2007, 08:35 PM
RayRay

Louis,

That would help this old blind bat [sm=shades_smile.gif]
I would love to see that device on GG's F-27 "Slayer".

Brad, are you going to take "Slayer" out of the glass case and give us all a treat?

Ray Ray
"Rabbid"

ORIGINAL: Loubud

GF2,
Rarely do you post like you did when I said I was looking into it. I figured it must be really cool. Elaine said to have it only in one plane was dumb so there ya go. Gotta keep the womens happy. Besides, I don't think anyone that will be at GG's will have a radar gun. We'll just transfer this from plane to plane and have some real fun. I'd like to see it on GG's Stryker. But the main thing is that most of us have trouble guessing speed and altitude. This should help some of us.
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Loubud

Rabbid,
Just lost a long post. Dag Nabbit.
Basically it was yep. Ignoring you as I didn't know you were keeping up on the thread. Good job bringing Icejay back. We need an update on his boys.
Gotta go. After reading all day, which kills me, and looking the way I do after blowing Elaine's cash, I have to do the shower and shave thing. Gotta look good so I can empty her account while she is still smiling.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 PM
RayRay

Triple post.

Lougi,

You mean you look like this [sm=what_smile.gif]
Please get some rest.

Andy "Thumbs", Is that you lurking out there? Drop us a post and let us know how your doing.
I've been gone for a while.

"Rabbid"

Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM
five-string

AJ, fighting fires, huh? how close to your area did the wildfires get? Did you go South to help out? We definitely need waayy more info than, "I've been busy firefighting."

Next week sounds great. I will plan accordingly. I am going to be flying tomorrow morning at El Tenampa Field. C'mon up, it's only a 3½ hour drive for you. Piece-o-cake. 8am. Bring donuts. I'll have fresh coffee waiting.

TE, I still go to Florida each week, just not through Orlando. I go straight to Tampa.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
d-leet

SS is slowly coming together, got the tail feathers and the black parts tree done. I added some balsa moulding on the unsupported side of the rudder, that combat flyer that dropped in on our last meet suggested it.

Here's some questions so far -- on the site Ray posted, they mention the aluminum brackets being a potential failure point. I looked for brass tubing at Home Depot, but no dice. Do I really need to worry about this, or should I be ok proceeding with the stock joint?

About the motor, I got one of those nice outrunner/mount/prop/ESC kits that UH is running. The shaft sticks out a full inch from the bell -- I assume I don't need that full length, so is there a way to adjust it, or do I just cut off the excess? Also, there are several types of washers, nuts, sealing nuts, and bolts in here. What's the right way to approach it?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Stingray69

Dan,

Take a break from the assembly. I'll bring mine in the morning for you to examine. That should clear things up.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dan, when I built mine that site was all about the aluminum fuse or stick. Mine was fiberglass and bolt together. As for aluminum brackets, mine did not have any. Does yours? The only thing I can think of that might meet that description would be an aluminum sleeve for the tail assy. I would recommend using the really helpful instructions and the rc san diego site, and your mind to put it together. Are you going to start with a brushless motor?

All, I found something else I could break on the stick. I'll be going to epyaya.com for the parts.

Dan, I just had a thought, the commercial prop saver probably needs the shaft length.

Tim
Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 PM
d-leet

The stick itself is fiberglass, it's the V tube holding the fiberglass wing spars that I was talking about. That sandiego site talks about using brass and cutting it about an inch longer, which makes perfect sense if indeed this is in danger of breaking.

Ray, I was about to call it a night anyhow, I do need to get a bit of studying in for a final tomorrow afternoon. [:-]

I'll bring what I've got so far in the morning for note-taking purposes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.