Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
ktaylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Brad, you need to get the other nipple now so you can enter wet t-shirt contests.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Loubud

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 04-27-2007, 04:06 PM
d-leet

Yeah, careful Ken, some of us are real sensitive to mental imagery like that...

[sm=52_52.gif]
Old 04-27-2007, 04:30 PM
mickry

Andy, Thats no problem, we can do it some other day. Thanks,
Mick
Old 04-27-2007, 05:51 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi Guys, I got a cord for the pc today, fsim is next. Does anything have a slow stick in it. Tim

Allright. I can't remember the name of the free sim.[>:]
Old 04-27-2007, 06:00 PM
mickry

fms i think
Old 04-27-2007, 06:11 PM
ktaylor

Tim, it is FMS

Sray, retracts?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Stingray69

Yep, retracts. They look pretty solid. For one of your bigger birds.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thanks Guys, Here is an interesting link. A 4 channel arf float kit for $20. Heres the [link=http://www.nitrorcx.com/arf3in1hyboc.html]link[/link]

Tim
Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
nyflyer56

Lou,
It's glow engines that you can do the diesel conversion on. Simple head swap and change the lines in the tank. (glow fuel lines not compatable w/ gas or diesel). Also model Diesel doesn't come from the truck stop.
Special stuff.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:41 PM
RayRay

Yo Mick,

You have a package on its way. Congratulations again on the lottery.

Terry, so sorry to hear about you loss. []

"Rabbid"
Old 04-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

typical, after 2 days of high winds and one day of dodgy weather, now it's the weekend and i'm busy babysitting, it's perfect weather. but i suppose i needed a couple of days break from flying anyway, so that's ok. also next week, only got 3 possible flying days as it's 'Golden week' here and my kids are off thursday and friday as well.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
d-leet

Ugh, more electrical idiocy on my part. I ruined another deans end trying to get a firm enough solder joint. Then I remembered reading about doing the soldering with the male plug inserted. Hopefully that'll do it, but this soldering mess sure has knocked me down a few pegs [:'(]
Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dan, I went to rs and bought a 100 watt iron for the connectors. Part of me wants to tig the the things on. Tim
Old 04-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Lou and any one else who likes ducted fan jets, here's a link to all the x flight vids. let me know if this doesn't work, should be ok http://www.x-flight.hk/e/products/allvideos.asp
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
AJ1202

Dan, good job on the maiden, nice flying there.

Well I am happy to report that as I type this post the glue is drying where I put the Talon back together and there was no damage done to remove the ESC and install a new one, it works good now, also the paint is drying and I just made the new elevator flaps, going to get them installed tonight. I did a quick test run on the motor and it felt pretty good, nice thrust, I just hope it is enough. looks like if weather permits I may be ready to maiden it Monday

Mark, hows it looking for you Monday

Doug the link for the tomcat doesn't seem to work

GG I hope all turns out OK with the surgery

Well back to work
Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Doug, they got me! I made the mistaken assumption that the London papers would try to verify the sheep as poodles story. OK, UK papers are as bad as US papers. TV from both sides of the pond is quite questionable, so now I know to wonder whether what the UK papers say is true. I already knew that about US papers. A Kiwi busted the story. Apparently with a couple of phone calls. Duh! I guess you and Mike are off the hook. Tim

For those of you that have young eyes reading, you might wish to send them to pla GTA with the bad cheat codes, something truly blasphemous is about to be typed, I'll pause............ OK, I might need to add ballast to my little lighted plane. To slow it down some[X(][X(][X(]. I give it a toss, then the props take over and the bugger is 80-100' away. Fun for daytime, but for nighttime? I'll try a couple of wing configurations first, but those just give me crisper turns usually. I should note that I hate slowing down planes that I tricked out to be fast, the higher c rate on the new battery seems to take effect after about 2 seconds and then the plane is moving. I'll see what the 100 mah battery does tomorrow, weather permitting.

I'm mildly tempted by the ploat I linked to earlier, does anyone have any thoughts about it? Tim
Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

AJ, how does one program the esc? I have one now and another coming by rowboat from uh. Tim
Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Fern,
Looks like a cool little ploat. I don't know too much about them, but when I was looking into the, I found that some are engineered and balanced well which translates to good flying/boating. Others don;t want to fly so well, and tend to flip over. I think there are several threads around on ploats. If you do get one, get one that has proven itself, most of the cost is in the motor, receiver, esc, servo's, etc. I would be sure you invest in a ploat that is a good flyer or you will be frustrated. Maybe this one is good, who knows. Sure can't beat the price.

GG,
Good luck with the surgery. Nothing but the best for your wifey! Be sure her life insurance is up to date and the Kabota is RTR.

Dan,
Nice flying in that strong wind. I enjoyed the video.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:31 PM
AJ1202

Tim, that's a good question I know on some there are 2 teeni tiny screws you can adjust, on others I guess you do it with the TX, not realy sure to be honest but the description said it was programable but no instructions came with it, but it's irelivant now as it looks like I fryed it []
Old 04-27-2007, 09:33 PM
d-leet

Holy crap, I just smoked another deans connector. Any advice? I've tried several approaches -- if I solder it empty I can get it to stick but I risk deforming the plug, if I solder with another plug in there, it just doesn't seem to take (it just sinks too much heat to get a good joint).

This is way too frustrating, there's gotta be an easier way. Help!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Dan, i've soldered loads of deans and i always do them individually. sometimes they are hard to get undone, but that's life
Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 PM
ktaylor

Speaking of Ploat,,,

Icejay sent me a PM to let me know that the ploat is on it's way to pay me a visit. For those of you who weren't around, or if it hasn't been mentioned yet, here's the story,, Brad, in one of his purchasing fits bought a ploat. PPainted it & got it looking snazzy, but if I recall, he couldn't get it to fly, just zip around the yard. OK then, he sends it to Brent to see if Brent has better luck. He & his brother Horward tinker, no luck either. It went from there to RayRay I think, and then to Icejay where it has lain dormant, hibernating, waiting for it's next victim to stumble upon it,,,,, We are all supposed to sign it, make any repairs to our damages & then send it on. It is making it's way here. I'll do some thinking, & either do a special bp-21 for it or maybe one of the ones I've already modified.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:56 PM
ktaylor

Dan, are you using flux? get some flux on the deans, and get a nice 3mm ball of solder about to drip off the iron, then touch, after the sizzle, you'l see that it has done a good job of bonding to the deans. THen from there, (oh, I'm assuming you have the wire pre-tinned using solder & flux,,) work quickly while the deans is still fairly hot, get the wire flowing, touch to the pre-soldered Deans, when solder melts, good to go.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
five-string

Dan, for me, soldering the Dean's successfully takes a 140W solder gun. Lots of heat for a very short time doesn't get the plastic part hot at all. A very clean tip and a touch of flux and it will take the solder instantly. I tin both the tab and the wire then just join them with the heat applied. I have tried a 40W iron and a pencil torch iron with very little success. It can be frustrating if your heat is too low.

AJ, Monday looks great. Which exit are you referring to, one North of the truck stop or one South of the TS? Sounds like an ideal setup. We can use the tailgate of the truck as a work bench.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.