Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
RayRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

Hi Lou.

Of course your not ignoring me, only "Kate" does that.
Speaking of which.... Kate, being that it is May 1st (RCU time), your blackout period is over and I can now see your 100+ messages that you posed in the last 2 weeks.
I have a lot of reading to do. Refer back to the last PM I sent you. [sm=wink_smile.gif]

Ok back to Lou... Here is the prop I used with the BP-21 on my Stryker: [link=http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V576658&pid=iprop014]Funky Orange Prop[/link]

Yo Mick, Don't worry buddy, you only have 2-3 more weeks of classes and you can fly all you want.

Is GG back from surgery?
Where did Ice go?

"Rabbid"

Old 04-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

who is lonely in new hampshire ??? could it be [X(]
Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
export!

hah hah
Old 04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Stingray69

Shuttle Glider is good to go. Now to concentrate on a dropping mechanism. Check out the vid below.

It's only 4mb Mark

vid = http://rayhaywood.com/videoarchive/shuttle.wmv
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94458.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	675590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69036.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	675591  
Old 04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
export!

SRay that is awesome. Do you have one of the cargo planes? That would be a cool piggyback.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:12 PM
ktaylor

Rayray, I have no idea as to what you are talking about,,, it just might be that,, ooh, look ta-ta's bouncing around,,,,,[sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Stingray69

Thanks Scott. No cargo plane, but for now it will be dropped with the SS workhorse. It's AUW is 88g. Wingspan is 10"
Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 PM
d-leet

I wonder how that thing will fly. Of course, the real shuttle has a horrendous glide profile, it's only by making that one and only flare right before the runway that it's able to land gently.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 PM
ktaylor

sorry, I got distracted, now, something about ignoring or being ignored,, I'm still unaware of that having happened,, hey, look, there they are again![sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Looks like I have more packages arriving in the mail. The order from UH should be here this week I would hope, a package from Lou with bunches of stuff for me to test out his motors for the various planes when the UH order arrives, an E-max 2822 motor that I got for $15 off of eBay (I have since found a place where I can get one for $10, dang it), and this unknown brushless motor that I have coming from eBay for $10. The last two motors are pretty much free-bees for me. Paypal had some promotion going on that if you made a $30 or more purchase using paypal during the month of April they would credit me $15, which they did after Lou & I placed the big UH order. And the $10 motor is funded by my cash back refund I get using my bank card as a credit card. Here's the $10 motor. I have no clue as to what it is, part of why I bought it, I was really curious as there was no info & no one was bidding & it was new in the package that only had a $30 price tag on it from hobbytownusa.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Stingray69

I'm wondering that too Dan. I bet I have to use the same technique. But, it could be powered later on by a small inrunner stuck into the engine area.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:29 PM
d-leet

Well, since you don't have any passengers or fragile science equipment on board, I'm sure you could just nose dive for some maneuvering speed [8D]
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
export!

Dan,

You kill that 6 beer yet?

Enjoy yourself
Old 04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
nyflyer56

A little too much swing, bordering on floppy. Bouncy is much better than floppy.....
Old 04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
export!

Hey Sray,

How did you figure the COG? Did you just check it when it was stock and try to stick with that?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:37 PM
RayRay

Kate,

With that avatar, my eyes cross everytime I see one of your posts sort of like this [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
If I act on my impluses I will eventually look like this [sm=shades_smile.gif]. Never mind my last post, it was supposed to be a joke.

Ray - Cool Shuttle man, I liked the video. Thanks.

Dougie - Could that be our old bi-polar "friend"???

ORIGINAL: ktaylor

Rayray, I have no idea as to what you are talking about,,, it just might be that,, ooh, look ta-ta's bouncing around,,,,,[sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Stingray69

Yes, Scott. It came with a stick and a rubber band to fling it with. It was balanced as bought.

This inspired me.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_n14825618
Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
d-leet

One left Scott, gonna finish it off with some pretzels and hit the hay. [8D]

Tomorrow I head down to West Palm for a few days to visit family, conditions look good for flying all week
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ray, shoud I shim the bp-21 motor? The mount you suggested would seem to make that impossible.

Guys I'm going to try something when the batteries and motor mounts arrive, or a day or so later. I'm going to hang the bl motor in the stick and see if more speed makes the plane more comfortable. My thought is that with the 300 motor it is so much slower than what I'm used to, that I'm oversteering. With a touch more speed, it might feel normal to me. Tim
Old 04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Stingray69

Tim, shim the motor with tiny flat washers where you bolt to the mount. Start with 3dg down and 3dg right angle. Take a look at Dan's mount. Is your similar? His pics show them I believe.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Stingray69

Hmmm........ I thought we'd get a Talon report from AJ and Marks adventure by now.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:42 PM
ktaylor

Tim, the bp-21 motor is the 2408-21,, the 2410-08 motor has a lower KV rating. But that is the same motor I put on my brother in law's slow stick. If you're using a 3 cell li-po the 2410-08 motor works great with a 7x6 prop. I don't know what the amp load is, we didn't check that, but it wasn't enough to get anything hot.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

All Righty then. When the motor mounts get here, and the batteries, I'll post a pic or 2, I don't think I'm making myself clear, or equally possible. I'm not quite clear on the concept.

I got a rough cg on the ho-made tonight, and it has a stall and a half in it. I'm thinking of a name for it. The options are Hollywood follies 1, as the latest from Brent spurred me to build it, or the obvious, ferndale folly#1. Any thoughts?

Tim

Ken I bought a bunch of the 1047 props for the bp-31 class motor. Tim
Bounce, bounce, bounce,...Huh
Old 05-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Ummm, well I see things are there abbbynormal self as usual. Mountains, mounts, busty, so not PC of you guys.

Blisters you keep looking at that and we're going to have another reason to call you that.
Jeeze, she's going to poke somebody's eye out with them.

What did we have a "secret" visitor? What did I miss?

I was not allowed to wear my foil beanie into the O/R today.[:@] Also you should have seen the looks I got from them when they saw my hands. In case anyone needs to know, Gorilla Glue does not come off your skin, once it's dry. I tried every soap and hand cleaner I could find, even went as far as thinner, acetone and mek. No dice. [:@]
So into surgery I went with black palms, due to cheap gloves leaking badly.
Then I opened my mouth about the question of change in med history. Well they all got a big kick out of the split nipple story, and they got to see it now that it's all green and purple and blue. I think the nipple itself got the most ohhh's and ahhhhh's from the group........all except the gas doc. He got kinda wound up about now leting me do the surgery with the boo boo.
My doc came in looked it over, poked it, asked if it hurt when he did it, then said he needed to make next month's house payment, and repeat customers are the best.
IV nurse decided today was pin the needle in the vein game day. Ship, she couldn't find one to save her life, and instead of taking a little more time at it, she just kept ramming the needle home and wiggling it around hoping for success. Whole time she's telling me to relax.
Finally one of the other nurses comes in and nails it first time. Dam rookies.
Anyhows, operation took about 6 hours from hitting the O/R to recovery room. And as my luck always seems to go, it was in worse condition then worse case scenario I was given.
Doc goes well it was 3/4 torn off the bone and the part torn off was shreded there and torn in two other spots, so he just cut it all off, repaired what he could, ground down the bone to fresh material, then stapled the tendons back on to the bone.
Well Hazy gave me some advice as to help with the recovery. He told me every time they ask if you are in pain tell em yes and a lot of it. Well it's now 2:25 Tues morning, surgery was completed around 11:45 am on MONDAY morning. I am just now starting to feel the arm pain, and I still can't feel my ribs.
Haven't even touched my pain meds yet. Man those were some serious pain shots they gave me.
So I'm now learning to type left handed only, as the only bad news I got was 2 weeks of do not do anything with arm/hand, and if all goes well I might be able to start flying again in 6 months. I'll have to relearn my hand co-ordination and control as the damage and the repairs did screw things up. Ended up with arm in a sling, half cast/ half splint, padded and wrapped, from figer tips to almost arm pit.

Oh well, could be worse I guess.

ooops, almost forgot, thanks Lou for the belated surgery advise.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 AM
BendR

Brad, 6 months!? Dang. Glad you came through the surgery alright and it's done. Sounds like you have some physical therapy in your near future. At least they are giving good meds. You got the trick right. Tell them you are a big sissy when it comes to pain and that it hurts like halo! Take it easy on that arm and hope you get to feeling better real soon. Oh, you just had to let the whole OR play with your nipple didn't ya? Showoff!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:29 AM
AJ1202

Brad, glad to here it went well but sorry to here the damage was so extensive. Take care and do what the Doc's say to recover

SRay cool set up you got there with the shuttle

OK Flight Report time
I met up with Mark and we had a couple delays on hitting the feild, 1 being the wind was still pretty strong, the other and you would have had to be there to realy get this one I made a lawyer come out to the flying feild so I could resign papers I had already signed [:@] this was anaggrivating situation but that is another story
Well the lawyer left and the wind died down so off we go, I had my ES and the Talon, Mark had the SS the Badius and styker, First up was Mark and the stryker and while he's flying around I'm setting up the ES, OK first prob of the day my elevator servo isn't working, it will barely move and is not recovering, hmm I go to take the wing off to inspect and the front wing mount pops off, man that was lucky it all happened right there during flight test. the servo was the last of 4 I bought that as it turns out..... realy sucked SOOO anyway I put it up and am going to have to maiden the Talon without any warm up flying. Mark lands the stryker and says OK lets see her fly, I hand him the cam and get it set up, I put a little up trim in and do the pre flight checks,,, OK all is good so let's do it,,,,,,, Oh did I mention the feild was a lot smaller than it looked and had trees in the the flight path, hmm maybe not, so we are set up in the middle of the feild beside this one tree that is prob 20 ft tall and 10 ft around, we were using the shade it made as our hanger. OK I throttle up and off she goes, for a second there I was concerned it wasn't going to lift, I give a little up and away it goes, it took a LOT of up trim to finialy get level flight, note to self TOO MUCH THRUST ANGLE , OK no prob got it leveled out and now flying around about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and it is flying so sweet, this thing flys very stable, not twitchy at all, it wasn't real fast but it was covering ground quickly, anyway after some nice easy laps it was time to land, one first pass I didn't allow for the up trim and when I brought the throttle down it wanted to nose up, so I aborted that pass and went around for another, OK this is where things went wrong, I wasn't leading the plane far enough so I didn't realize that I was too low to swing around the the right for my new approach, well as it turns out as I'm coming around about 20 ft up everything is fine then at the very last second I realize my line of site of it is gonig to be blocked by the tree we are standing beside, as it goes behind the tree I yelled some obscure 4 letter word and leaned over to try to regain sight and right as I catch it I see it has now went from a nice smooth bank into a nose dive, I gave it full up hard left and cut the throttle, it ALMOST corrected it self right before it smacked the ground [:@]. On a bright note the damage is minor, well compared to what it could have been.
ALL in ALL I am very pleased with this plane, it flys soo sweet, not as fast as I wanted but looks so auwsome in the air.
I have the vid downloaded and am working on getting it posted, if I have probs I'll see if I can talk brother SRay into helping me out[link]http://media.putfile.com/T-38-Talon-Maiden[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.