Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

converting guillo's cessna 172 to r/c...

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

converting guillo's cessna 172 to r/c...

Old 01-31-2003, 05:32 AM
kingcobraRCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting guillo's cessna 172 to r/c...

I am trying to convert a guillo's cessna 172 control line kit to electric r/c...I am in the middle of assembly and am tryin to decide what would be the best covering for it....monocote or tissue/dope...is there a benefit to either? it will be a 4 channel with GWS naro servos and 5 amp sp control...prob a geared 300 motor...any ideas what kind of performance I should expect? I am adding a bit more dihedral to the wings for better stability...and other than the above mentioned the kit is box stock except for adding foam wheels...so weight/wing loading shouldn't be a problem... it is the kit with the 36" wingspan...slightly larger than my GWS P51...thanks
Old 02-01-2003, 02:51 AM
GeraldO
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting guillo's cessna 172 to r/c...

I built one with a direct drive speed400 a few years ago. Flew well but a bit on the heavy/fast side. I covered it with Econokote.

I'd suggest that since you want to use a 300 motor that you keep it light and cover with something like Litespan (not silkspan), or Nelson Litefilm (also known as Solite).

If you have ailerons you don't need to add more dihedral since it's pretty stable anyway being a high-winger.