Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow Stick Build: Gonna Need Help With This One

Old 01-11-2007, 07:05 PM
paulio

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Slow Stick Build: Gonna Need Help With This One

Hey everyone, just got my slowstick in the mail from tower, quickly, i might add, and in great shape. Im gonna start to record my build and, looking at the manual, am probably gonna need some help. i just want to make sure i do this right, and catch all the common mistakes and quick and easy mods with your help.

So first of all, how do i do the hinging. the manual sucks here, so can someone explain when and how to place tape, how much, and what to cut?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
paulio

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Slow Stick Build: Gonna Need Help With This One

I figured out the hinging and made some progress. i got both the rudder and elevator hinged, and i attatched them to the fuse, but now im having some trouble because all the black pieces the slide over the fuse dont fit, they are too tight. what do i do?!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Flyer 1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Which version of the SS do you have, the version with the aluminum channel for the fuselage, or the newer carbon fiber fuselage (both are still made).
If you've got the aluminum one, a very light sanding on the inside of the parts will let them slide into place. Be careful, here - they're tight on purpose!
With a carbon fiber tube, it's easiest to just brace the end of the tube against something and shove the parts straight on. Since you've mounted your tail already this probably won't be possible, so the same sanding advice applies. Just don't overdo it - make the parts so tight you can barely move them.
Flyer
Old 01-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Time Pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Like flyer 1 says, they are tight and should be tight. Only do what he suggests if you absolutely cannot get them on the fuse.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
paulio

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok i got everything built and finished, but when i turn on my Hitec Laser 4 then plug the battery in, the servos and motor go crazy, ive changed the reciever and esc twice, so im thinking it might be the transmitter! what do i do!!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Flyer 1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

First thing I'd do is make sure the receiver crystal is plugged securely in place. A loose crystal can cause exactly the symptoms you describe.
Flyer
Old 01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
scoooper

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Keep your ESC away from your batt. con's. an leave a bit of slack on your ant. as it does'nt like cuddle'in up to the alu, fuse, to much, your bub, scoooper
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71005.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	597130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27930.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	597131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47254.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	597132  
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Brewerpaul

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Make sure to turn the transmitter on BEFORE you plug in the battery. If you don't have an arming switch, make sure the throttle is all the way OFF. Then, you can plug in the battery. Mine does the same thing if I don't turn on the transmitter first.
As far as the crystal goes, I taped mine in place to keep it from flying out in a crash.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:44 PM
paulio

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

YAY maidened my slow stick yesterday! (figured out electrical problems, it was a little bit of a loose reciever crystal and a not fully charged flight battery, duhhh im dumb)loads of fun, but the cg was way far back, so it was super pitch sensitive and i crashed it nose first into the ground. broken prop.... luckily i got another (ordered a six pack for this next weekend) and moved the battery forward. it flies like a dream, it seems a little under powered (300 motor, 8.4v 750 mah, gws 11*8 prop) as it wouldnt climb to high, and i was a little afraid to do anything other than some fun stall turns. its a blast to fly, can fly nice and slow. anyone have any easy suggestions to up performance a little? i have a 9.6v battery with me, would that help?

Search this Thread