Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

slow stick with gws floats

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
akm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow stick with gws floats

I have a slowstick with the 300 motor and 1500 2c lipo. I would like to put the gws floats on it for some lake flying this summer. will this setup take off with floats or will I have to upgrade power to make this bird fly. What is everyone with a ss and floats doing for water profing the electronics?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:47 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slow stick with gws floats

I started float flying with a GWS Beaver. I believe the beavers stock motor is a 370. Though the beaver would eventually take off on the 370, my pond and it's obsticles were not long enough. I eventually upgraded to the brushless set up with lipo batteries and even with that improved performance, I still feel better hand tossing. If I were to guess, you are going to need a good 250' - 300' of open area to get up and flying (you techies out ther don't kill me, I'm only guessing )
AKM enjoy! float flying is a little different and offers a few more challenges to this wonderful hobby....have fun!