Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Decal Glue For Alfa Models???

Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Sam Price

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Decal Glue For Alfa Models???

Hi,

I am based in the UK and have recently purchased an Alfa Corsair which I am hoping to put together over the coming weekend.

The only thing I am slightly unsure of is the application of the waterslide decals.
I was going to use wallpaper glue (as sugested on the Alfa Website) and some sort of acrylic spray, possibly "PLASTICOTE".

Does anyone know if this is okay to use on the foam??? would hate to disintigrate my model...
Any hints, tips or suggestions from people who have already done this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Sam.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Jagzilla

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Decal Glue For Alfa Models???

I recently tried out a product called Micro Sol and Micro Set while applying decals on my Alfa Wildcat. These products worked great!! This is my third Alfa build, and I wish I had those two bottles of fluid for the first two builds. See if they have this stuff at your LHS, it's well worth the few bucks it costs.
J
Old 01-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Sam Price

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi J,

Thanks for the repsonse, I will make a few phone calls today and see if I can get hold of some of this Microsol and set.
Thank you for the advice, this is my first Alfa Model and I would like to get it right...

Regards, Sam.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Thayer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The MicroSol and MicroSet are used by plastic modelers and train guys to get decals to nestle down in and around all the little details. The desired result is no bubbles under the decals once dried.

The wallpaper paste works well, as does thinned wood working glue. The key is to use very little glue. You don't want a lot of glue on the surface, jsut enough to wet the foam a little. I used thinned titebond II on my Corsair and then carefully cleaned all the residual glue off before it dried. Wet paper towels did the job for me. I did not clear coat them, and there has been no failure with a lot of flying.

Thayer
Old 01-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Bill G

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Testors has a waterslide decal solvent, that I believe is like the waterslide adhesive that they come with on the paper.

What I started doing is taking scrap waterslide paper, dipping it in water, and rubbing the watery glue mix on the plane, BEFORE applying the decal. It will add extra glue, and make them slide easier.

Bill

Search this Thread