Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Typhoon Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:37 PM
paul_harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Typhoon Problem

I just flew my new typhoon today for the first time and noticed that during the flight the brushless motor frequently cuts out for a very short period (less than a second) then starts up again during flight. I range checked the plane and there was no twitching of the servos. The battery was fully charged and the typhoon flew fine. Is this a normal occurance for the Parkzone Typhoon, or should I be worried?

Thanks
Paul
Old 01-27-2007, 03:41 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Parkzone Typhoon Problem

I fly a stryker and on occassion the motor blips out on me for a second. I have read multiple post on the forum and this seems to be a common issue with park zone and hobby zone products. Since I have never had a full cut off of power yet (knock on wood), I've gotten used to it and continue flying..
Old 01-27-2007, 04:15 PM
LT-40
My Feedback: (2)

I have also had this happen with my Stryker but (which is also by parkzone) it only seems to happen in cold weather. (below freezing)
I usually just try to ignore it, and keep flying.

LT-40
Old 01-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Youngbird

Paul,
If your flying your Typhoon with the stock NiMh battery you might check and make sure that the battery voltage cut-off programming on the ESC is correct. I had the same problem for quite a while and went through the programming sequence to select the stock battery and don't have the (nerve-racking) cut-outs anymore.

Regards,

Steve
Old 02-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Leo L

I would be willing to bet that the problem only occurrs when the plane crosses the tip of the transmitter's antenna. Try holding the transmitter horizontal, or slightly to one side so that the plane never crosses the imaginary "extension" line of the antenna. That should cure your momentary glitches.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
paul_harris

Thanks for the advice everyone. It was cold on the day I was flying my typhoon, (0 degrees C) so this may have been why, as LT-40 mentioned. I will also check the ESC setup, as suggested by Youngbird, as I am using the stock battery. The blips occur at different positions during the flight, not just when flying over tip of antenna. I'll post back if the blips stop.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

Paul
Old 02-04-2007, 01:11 PM
gleebs

Paul,

The stock electronics cause a pulse in the throttle when battery power is low. If you know that you battery was charged but it was pulsing it could be the cold not allowing the battery to release it's energy thus making the battery voltage falsely appear low to your speed control.