Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

AeroBird

Old 02-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Tabbytabb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroBird

Newbie question here, My little brother just bought an Aerobird this weekend and I flew it and had a complete blast. It was my first flight ever and the plane was great. I almost went and bought one but after thinking about it I want to get something that will be upgradable with my radios/servos. I also want something that will perform a little better then the aerobird. I currently have a 4 Ch radio and servos so my question is what do you guys think would be a good plane to go with. I have RC car experience.
TIA
Tabb
Old 02-03-2003, 07:43 PM
BillK

Default AeroBird

A Slow Stick. $35 and it can use regular size servos. Easy and fun to fly.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:32 PM
George NE Vt

Default THawk

You can purchase the THawk minus the RC receiver or transmiter. You can use your own gear. Much better value and flies great. They also deliver FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 09:28 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default AeroBird

You might consider a Sky Scooter Pro II which I believe was just released. There is a kit version and a ready to fly called the Pro II.

The Pro II comes with a 3 channel radio system, servos and ESC which operate the Ailerons, elevator and throtle. There is no rudder control. Much more maneuverable than an Aerobird. This plane can do rolls that the Aerobird can't do.

I believe it is faster than an Aerobird, but is still considered a park flyer. I have seen the whole ready to fly package for $160 on-line which is amazing for a kit with a 72 MHZ radio. Most RTF planes in this price range are 27mhz kits.

Sky Scooter Pro II

Here is a video of the base level Sky Scooter flying.
Sky Scooter video

This is a page posted by a guy who owns a Firebird XL as well as a Sky Scooter Pro. He also has a couple of Helio videos and one of a slo stick, so this could be a great place to look. He also has what he calls a mega scooter, a hoped up sky scooter pro. He has several videos posted that you might like to see.

Shawn's RC plane Page
Old 03-02-2003, 12:28 AM
goofup

Default AeroBird

Tabbytabb, is that a aircraft radio that you have, or a RC car radio? What servos do you have?

I don't know about the rest of us, but I'm confused (and worried). Your post reads like you've a newbie and that you've had only ONE flight with an airplane... and you're already looking for "something that will perform a little better than the aerobird"???

What kind of performance are you looking for??

Goofup
Old 03-02-2003, 02:55 AM
sierra gold

Default AeroBird

Assuming that your 4 channel radio is an aircraft radio...

Any of the aforementioned planes will work. A small bit of cost comparing:

THawk w/o radio gear - $115 ( 2 batteries, wall plug charger designed for THawk batteries) plus I believe you would need to buy an ESC for $30.

Slow Stick - w/motor $35, GWS 400 ESC $30, two 8 cell HE Nimh batteries @ $30 each = $60, MRC Super Brain charger (digital display and var. charge rate) $50.
The Slow Stick costs about $25 more but all of the components are useable on future aircraft.

Just some thoughts.

Most of the above equipment can be purchased online at:

http://www.aeromicro.com/index.htm

Perry, the owner, gives great service and has most every parkflyer item you might require.

Sierra Gold
Old 03-08-2003, 07:13 PM
imrcbob
My Feedback: (1)

Default My 2 cents

I have a T-Hawk with my own 4ch radio and love it. I'm a car guy and do not fly well (lots of crashes), but this is a fun, easy to repair plane with several spare parts.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:53 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default AeroBird

So, did you buy a new plane? What did you get and how do you like it?
Old 06-14-2003, 11:00 PM
acp63

Default Stay away from the slow stick

the slow stick is a pice of S**T
Old 06-14-2003, 11:23 PM
sierra gold

Default AeroBird

acp63 -

That's an interesting opinion.

What happened to form such a negative impression?

There appear to be a large number of satisfied customers.

Sierra Gold