Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow Stick

Old 02-04-2003, 03:36 AM
Tabbytabb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick

Well after some research I decided I want to go with a Slow Stick. However I have a few questions about what to get.

1) Where to buy from, online store etc. Or if anyone knows of a place in seattle area that would be great.

2) Which motor to get, and also I need all the electronics, I want to get a decent radio/ servos that can grow with me but dont want to spend a ton.

3)Batteries, what to get and I have seen some things about Lithium Ion batteries, are these the best way to go?

4) Any other things that I might need that I left out. I wanna get all the stuff ordered so I can get flying asap, my brothers aerobird got me hooked.

One more quick ?, how does slow stick compare to Aerobird in terms of speed and ability to fly in the wind.

Thanks for enduring my ?'s
Old 02-04-2003, 08:05 AM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

Default Slow Stick

1) Where to buy from, online store etc. Or if anyone knows of a place in seattle area that would be great.
www.littleshopofhobbies.com has them for $34.99

2) Which motor to get, and also I need all the electronics, I want to get a decent radio/ servos that can grow with me but dont want to spend a ton.
The motor comes with the kit! Little Shop also sells the Hitch Focus 3FM with REC & 2 HS55 Servos for $89

3)Batteries, what to get and I have seen some things about Lithium Ion batteries, are these the best way to go?
Any battery from 8.4-9.6V 600-2000MAH will work. What's on your budget?

4) Any other things that I might need that I left out. I wanna get all the stuff ordered so I can get flying asap, my brothers aerobird got me hooked.
Sounds good, if you need a charger check out the www.hobby-lobby.com CG-340 Charger, if you don't have 1.

One more quick ?, how does slow stick compare to Aerobird in terms of speed and ability to fly in the wind.
The SS is very fun in the wind, it's like flying a kite. Anything under 10MPH will do fine!

Thanks for enduring my ?'s
Have a good one, let us know how it goes.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:35 PM
rahtware

Default Slow Stick

Check out...

http://www2.mailordercentral.com/quantummodels/

They have free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Every little bit helps!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:41 PM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Slow Stick

Tabbytabb - good decision to get a powered kite . Good advice from Daren/rahtware below except for the radio package choice. The Hitec Feather receiver is a dud (just do a search on 'feather AND receiver' and see for yourself), I'd recommend the other package w/ the HS-555 receiver. It's only a few $$ more, but it's money well spent. If you decide to get another model later, you can always get a cheaper Rx later for the SlowStick and move the 555 to the new one.

FYI - we have an indoor flying facility in Seattle, and a couple of us fly our SlowSticks in there. Check out our site (http://groups.msn.com/BarnOwls/) and feel free to drop in talk to a few folks if you want, we have a hangar booked for every Thu evening.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Foxtrot_019

Default Slow Stick

I have a speed 380, and a Wattage 15 amp speed controller
I got mine in Bellevue at Abernathy's NW Hobbies, for $35 if you want to take the drive go for it.

-Foxtrot_019