Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Cant decide on my next plane

Old 01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cant decide on my next plane

Well I'll soon have the cash to start on my next plane. I currently have GWS F4U, Parkzone FW-190 with brushless,Stryker (brushless), Infinity P-38 (just maidened love it), E-flite P-47 (cant wait to throw brushless in it).
The next Plane has to be a warbird. I've limited the field to 3 choices.

Hobby Lobbys F-86 saber ( love the look of this plane )
GWS Me 262 (not sure about the look of this plane)
Great Planes Combat Mustang (what warbird collection would be complete without a mustang)

Anyone got strong opinions + or - about these birds?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Russel-RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cant decide on my next plane

I personally would go with a F-86 sabre and mix it up a bit with the ducted fan and next choice is the 262 good but not as agile and good looking in the air as the Sabre but a bit more stable not saying thje F-6 isnt and last choice personally would be the Mustang not becuase i dont like them (i love them) but a combat mustang doesnt look the best.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:57 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do like the look of the F-86. I'm a bit worryed about the power system. as I undersand it the stock fan has to have three of the blades removed and the motor shaft is glued on and has a bit of play. That takes me a little outside my comfort level. I think I'll try reading up on the setups others are using.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:49 PM
ozrcboy

I'm actually building the Ultrafly P51 Mustang parkflyer ATM. Comes with retracts and flaps as well as a nice little 150Watt brushless motor. Wasn't on your list I know, but maybe worth considering. I haven't flown it yet so can't comment on that aspect. No doubt it will have the usual tip stall Mustang Nature.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:55 PM
VictoryRoll-91

F-86 all the way. That thing screams, and looks amazing too!