Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Kavanshot

Old 02-04-2003, 08:08 PM
geoffnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kavanshot

Has anyone else got a kavanshot .I am just wondering because it seems like no one else has one ! How does yours fly , mine flys great !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	52654_26826.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	32536  
Old 05-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Dan00

Default Kavanshot

Hey,

I dont have one but was thinking of getting one, does it need alot of space and what are its performance levels like e.g speed aerobatics. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:28 PM
geoffnor

Default Kavanshot

Yeah it flies great , i had one problem trimming it but once i had that sorted i was extremely happy with it . Yes you can fly it in a small place . On a 6 or 7 cell pack they are not very aerobatic but on an 8 cell pack there not bad loops arnt the greatest it is a bit underpowered but everything else is okay . I am busy putting a gws S2 motor int it right now , this should make it perform better . Sorry i havnt replied sooner i have been on holiday .

Geoff
Old 06-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Dan00

Default Kavanshot

o its alright, thanks for the help
Old 06-03-2004, 05:48 PM
rand256

Default RE: Kavanshot

Hello,

I am looking for a small sized plane to fly indoors and on the rare occasion in no wind. I am currently learning to fly with a parkzone J-3 Cub. 37 inch windspan. I do ok with it when the wind is down. I have seen the Kavanshot and also read a small amount about the Kavanshot trainer.

I was wondering if you had information on them. Where to buy, what kind of set up. The Kavan web sit in Germany has a basic catalog listing. I have been working with an "experinced" flyer for some tips and input but basically learning on my own. The weather just doesn't seem to coperate. I have access whenever I want to a small size gym and I want to learn to fly.

Any recommendations. I have had the Cub for about 4 weeks but only 4 dyas worth of flying. Two days were absolute perfect, little or no wind. I was able to fly around pretty easy though the landings are still more like Plane meet mr ground... The other 2 days with the wind pciking up and gusting I got panicky and nose dived in twice. Luckily only a bent prop shaft and prop. But until I get more stick time and improve I will not fly with much or any wind.

Thanks for your input...............Jim Whitehouse
Old 06-08-2004, 04:27 AM
Geoff_Norman

Default RE: Kavanshot

Iam sorry to hear about your crash-it happens to every one at some point. Yes, If the Kavan trainer flys like the shot, i think it will be suitable as your next plane. Iam not sure where to get one in the US , I got mine from slough model centre but tower hobbys or hobby lobby will probably sell them.

Regards Geoff