Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Slow Stick: My First, Second, Third.... Plane

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow Stick: My First, Second, Third.... Plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:59 PM
paulio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick: My First, Second, Third.... Plane

the slow stick was my first plane, i hadd a little practice on an aerobird before that, and i must say, even STOCK this thing rocks so hard. its just incredible. its stable and self righting, yet with a bigger battery this thing can be quick and light on its feet. touch and goes are funn, loops 3-4 times (before geting to close to the gound) in a row, i even got in some inverted! ive had this plane for... maybe 2-3 weeks, and i feel sooo confident. and it takes crashes well i might add, ive done a few loops a little close to the ground and rammed it into the ground, nose first, wing first, even TAIL FIRST (bad stall) and this thing keeps truckin, i havent had to make repairs even! i epoxied the wing on and the aluminum and fiberglass rods, and nothing stops this thing. i might start using it for aerial photography too! well, the reason i come here is i was wondering what kinda mods i should make, ive got a brushless motor esc (axi - gp's) on route and maybe lipos too in the future, but like structurally, what can i do?
Im thinking ailerons, but before that i might clip the wings at the last rib, ive heard a bunch of people do that, what does it do? what kind of performance boost does it give?

Sorry for writing a novel, but im reeally pleased with my SS
Old 01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
scoooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slow Stick: My First, Second, Third.... Plane

Paulio::alerons are great on a SS, takes a Y harrnes, two 12" servo ex's, two ten buck servos an about 45 min's or less depending on how fast the epoxy kicks, The performance is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better, Heres some pix for you, your bub, scoooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73546.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	607708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27534.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	607709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14261.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	72.5 KB