Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow Stick brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Recon8541

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick brushless

Hello All,

I am pretty new here and to R/C in general. I have a Gws slowstick and have really learned alot flying it. However, it is time to upgrade it to something a bit more wind tollerable to wind and with a bit more climb rate.

I have read several of the threads here regarding this....and to be frank.....i got dizzy!!!! Information over load.

I am looking for a good set up with decent climb rate, and something with enough power to handle some wind. I would also like to see longer flight times as the original set up dosent stay aloft very long.

Any input you guys could provide would be great, including links to where to purchase the components.

thanks in advance, and I do apologize for the redundency!!!

Mike
Old 01-30-2007, 09:44 AM
dingfixer

Default RE: Slow Stick brushless

Definately go lipo and brushless on your current SS - its a plane you will always fly - trust me on this one - its not all about unlimited vertical and axial rolls while streaking around the sky - the floaty stuff can be just as rewarding.

Of course if you are looking for a few planes you should look at an aileron low / mid wing like an Extrafun , GWS formosa etc. You should be ready for one of these if you really want to go fast. Remember - the aileron takes over the function that the rudder served on your SS - feed in some up elevators and you will get some nice level turns

check out the "slow stick brushless joy" thread - some pretty cool set ups and info there
Old 01-30-2007, 03:05 PM
bzyguy01

Try a Eflite 400 outrunner, 20 amp Brushless ESC, and a 2100 11.1 Lipo 3 cell 15 to 20C rating.

You will have a bird that will now go vertical, Hover!!!, and stay in the air nearly 35+ minutes. A real fun setup.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Recon8541

Thanks a bunch guy I really appreciate the input. I am sure the slow stick is gonna be in my flight plans for a long time to come....its just to much fun to fly!!