Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

FIRST AELERON PLANE

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM
pilot08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRST AELERON PLANE

Hi, I am looking for a nice electric plane with aelerons that is my first plane with them that isnt too pricey ,but is very nice. any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 PM
GreenAce92

Default RE: FIRST AELERON PLANE

Well i have two suggestions you can check out the Parkzone T28 Trojan or this plane. It doesnt have rudder but hey it has ailerons.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_h...bird_swift.htm
Old 07-30-2007, 10:19 PM
2255pmd

Pilot08,

I fly the GWS Estarter. This is a great low cost aileron trainer. Tower has it listed for $35 including motor. It is a nice step up from pusher-props yet it is very easy to handle. There are several post on this plane throughout RCUniverse and RCGroups if yo are looking to learn more.

Good luck.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:52 AM
dabvid

DONT GET THE SWIFT. everyone ive heard that has it says it is the crappest or one the crappest planes they have flown. if this is your first plane ever i would say a nice high wing cessna type plane. i have a multiplex minimag and love it. if you get the minimag one thing to do is go brushless. Also i hear the P/F cessna 182 is ok except the radio gear.
regards,
dave
Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
AJ1202

I have to agree with the E-Starter or mini Magister suggestion, I have the E-Starter also, it is a real good plane to learn ailerons with because it has just enough dehedrial to let it self right itself if you get into trouble, not to mention it fly's great. The stall speed is slow you can float it to the ground at walking speed. I have had mine for a couple years and is still to this day my most dependable reliable plane, I can't say for sure but I would imagine the mini mag is a very close match to it at just a bit more $$. balsapr sells the ES for around 20.00 for a glider kit

I would steer away from the cessna or cubs as a first as they are great planes but are more tuned to the intermediate flyers, also the swift is prob a bit on the fast side for a first aileron plane, not to mention pod and boom planes have their limits and usualy the tronics aren't that reliable.

Good Luck with what ever you decide to try
Old 07-31-2007, 08:12 AM
GreenAce92

Oop sorry to suggest that to ya i have never had that plane so i dont know how good it works.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Sir Raleigh

Well, I've just got to list my favorite aileron trainer, the Wing Dragon 4 RTF. It comes with a nice 4 channel 72 MHz reusable radio. It's currently on sale for $109.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/wingdragon4.htm

EDIT: Well, I see the $109 sale price ended as of August 1st. The price is now $138.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
dabvid

The minimag is almost identical to the e-starter. however, the quality of the kit and instructions is far superior. also it repairs with normal ca and is a very gentle flier. it to like the es floats in for a landing but again it is a few more bux but for those bucks you get a fair bit more. im not knocking the e-starter by any means it is great and cheap but the MiniMag is just that step above.
Greenace92, i had to say it i have not heard one single person pro or beginner actually getting it to fly good
regrads,
dave
Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 AM
maiden-crash

The estarter is substantially different to the minimag. Its not as aerobatic and MANY people have started on them and gotten them to fly good, if you haven't heard a single person getting it to fly good then you've never heard anything about it. If price is an objective, Id say the E-starter is perfect, Im not knocking the minimag but it has no self righting. And another thing, stick in a cheap brushless and large capacity 2s lipo and you'll be flying for over half an hour.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:32 AM
dabvid

Sorry i meant to reply that to Green ace92 i was talkin about the swift. the e-starters are great but the minimags are just that one step ahead.
regards,
dave
Old 08-03-2007, 07:40 AM
pilot08

thank you guys