Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Zero brushless motor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
vica6m5
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Zero brushless motor?

I would like to go brushless on my second GWS Zero, any info on what bl motor to use? Thanks Vic G.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:35 AM
netdudeuk

Default RE: GWS Zero brushless motor?

BP-21 / 2408-21T is the motor of choice for GWS warbirds
Old 02-03-2007, 08:14 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

http://epyaya.com/product_info.php?products_id=1793

attached is what GWS Expert's (EPYAYA) site reccomends
Old 02-03-2007, 08:53 AM
FMB42

I went with the 2408-21 in an effort to move the C.G. forward on my Zero while improving power at the same time. The total cost was about $60 for the motor, ESC, and stick mount. My next upgrade will be a LiPo setup.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM
vica6m5
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the replies! Vic G.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
stinger40

ORIGINAL: vica6m5

I would like to go brushless on my second GWS Zero, any info on what bl motor to use? Thanks Vic G.

I asked this same question in November.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Flyer 1

I've got a great deal for GWS Warbird fliers who wanna go vertical, right here!
Just pop it in and go fly.
Flyer
Old 02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
ozrcboy

I fitted an ewatts R2212 1500kv outrunner to my Zero and she goes... running apc 7x5 prop, not unlimited vert but getting a solid 5 second vertical performance. Would only need an amp or two more for unlimited (and a better battery might deliver that).

To fit I need to cut the engine stick and put a firewall in place, so not as convenient as a bolt on replacement (like the venom motors). However, cheaper, and you can run a smaller prop - you might find the 10x8 make it pretty hard to do rolling takeoff from anything but the smoothest surface.

Notes here:

http://www.oz********.com/2007/01/br...runner-on.html
Old 02-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Flyer 1

It's because of that that I'm selling the Venom power system - I've got two of the Venom P-51s, and this one's the backup/never flown one (just bench-run). I want to install an outrunner into it and see how it performs vs. the stock Venom setup.
I've got a Great Planes Rimfire 28/30/950 Outrunner ready to install. This is the same outrunner recommended for their Fokker D-V11 and SE-5A WW1 warbirds. I've got 'em both with it installed, and they're just outstanding, in terms of power output. First, they're a bit smaller than the AXI motors of equivalent specs, but PERFORM better. Either the D-V11 or SE will literally LEAP from the pavement in five feet or less. In fact, during the maiden of the Fokker I was almost afraid to TRY full throttle. I did, though - got 'er up to about 300 feet and hit the gas. The nose of that plane angled straight up and just kept goin'.
One of my favorite manuevers for WW1 bipes is an Immelman (for those reading who're new to the hobby, an Immelman comes in two forms. The one I'm talking about consists of aiming the plane straight up, keeping the nose pointed at the sky. Cut power. The plane will come to a complete stop. Now, apply full left rudder. The left wing will drop very sharply, and the plane will drop like a rock, but now pointed in the OPPOSITE direction, i.e., if it was flying away from you before now it's coming atcha. Now re-apply throttle and you're airborne again but have turned completely around really REALLY fast!).
With the Rimfire, you'cn come to that complete stall - but just hit full throttle again and the plane will simply resume the climb as if it'd never stopped! An amazing unit, enough so that I bought a third just in case one of the planes made a nose-first unplanned landing and ruined the motor.
This is with a 10 x 4.7 APC prop. BUT - the Venom P-51 WILL outfly the other two in terms of pure power/speed - in fact it seems as if there's simply unlimited power available. If the standard Venom unit will do THAT, I can't wait to see what the Rimfire will do, this time with a 10x8 prop.
By the way - the Venom unit goes onto the GWS birds the exact same way the original motors do. No modifying anything at all.
Flyer